Firm closing

finlo

3 hours ago, jackwhite said:

I didn't say I was pleased, I said it's something they're working on. 

It's still more than O'Donnells have, and they're only in their infancy currently. I'm happy to give them some time to see what else they bring in. 

Really!! are you now saying that O'Donnells don't have Guinness and at least two Irish whiskies on offer?

47 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

There is nothing worse than an unmatched chair in a drinking establishment. There's one on Castle Street that looks like a bric a brac store. Like they've been individually retrieved from a skip. 

stick to house and home conventions you loser. Most people go to a pub for the social aspect along with decent ales

2 hours ago, Lxxx said:

I've long thought we should be doing more to woo more Irish over here, as opposed to focusing across the other way. My last visit to Dublin I thought the place was going downhill fast, we would make an attractive option for anyone wanting to escape, I would have thought.

I was in Dublin end of August and I thought it was buzzing, good night life, things to do during the day good places to eat

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Who is the landowner? Is it the same person who’s doing that awful looking camper van park in Port Erin?

I went past that the other day ...

Christ on a bike! 

Looked like people would be knocking on doors soon, offering to tarmac drives. 

Who the hell has been butt shagging who to get that through any sort of planning?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Glen Helen Lodge closing as the landowner is selling up. 

And the people are opening a new place in Douglas.

The food has always been incredibly salty when I have been there.  Will give the new place a go and if it’s the same as  The Lodge, will be unlikely to return

3 hours ago, Tinpot said:

The food has always been incredibly salty when I have been there.  Will give the new place a go and if it’s the same as  The Lodge, will be unlikely to return

Hope it wasn't chefs special seasoning. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tinpot said:

Completely disagree on this, each time I've been the food has been very good and perfectly seasoned.

• Like 1