Firm closing

finlo

58 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

I’ve always considered it bad form to accuse someone of posting whilst they are mentally disadvantaged however obvious it is.

Its probably something most on here have done, but there are more subtle ways of responding. :)

Well you got one smiley face. Even though it was  from yourself.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Well why aren’t they still doing it then 🤷‍♀️

A pertinent question. It's bloody tough, and as a veteran of several businesses over the years, including a couple of disasters, I sympathise with anyone struggling. Been there, done that, lost the t-shirt.

I was always much more comfortable starting up from scratch than buying someone else's baby, I must say. You do tend to wonder what's lurking under the bonnet, no matter how closely you look over the accounts and how open and honest the seller is. Some businesses simply won't translate to new ownership, and too many people think it's a doddle and find that it isn't.

You just hope that there isn't an onerous lease involved or big borrowings. Losing the business is bad enough, but it can get an awful lot worse.

16 hours ago, Gizo said:

Haha. Hilarious. The realisation that Vegan isn’t a business model dawns on them. 

If see any sign of vegan offerings I avoid the place, I am not a vegan/vegetarian or any member of my family likely to be in the future. I cannot for the like of me see how anyone could base a business solely on vegetarian based products. I don't think I know any vegetarians/vegans. I think to be fair so people jumped on the "green" bandwagon thinking it will be "the next big thing" only to find that is not the case. vegan/vegetarian cafe's have their place as I believe Green's at St John's was launched as vegetarian and soon changed to meet customer requirements. I am old school, give me vegetables as long as there is a piece of meat/fish or chicken on the plate with them.👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kopek said:

Is that coffee that is eaten by Civet cats and, well you can guess. Is that vegetarian?

I'd assumed that was the only type of coffee that couldn't be considered vegetarian.  Most doesn't go 'through' an animal. 

Edited by The Phantom

1 hour ago, Beelzebub3 said:

If see any sign of vegan offerings I avoid the place, I am not a vegan/vegetarian or any member of my family likely to be in the future. I cannot for the like of me see how anyone could base a business solely on vegetarian based products. I don't think I know any vegetarians/vegans. I think to be fair so people jumped on the "green" bandwagon thinking it will be "the next big thing" only to find that is not the case. vegan/vegetarian cafe's have their place as I believe Green's at St John's was launched as vegetarian and soon changed to meet customer requirements. I am old school, give me vegetables as long as there is a piece of meat/fish or chicken on the plate with them.👌

I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian either. I do like vegan or vegetarian food though. It's different and often very tasty.

I've never been to this caff so I can't say what it's like. Vibe restaurant is brilliant though, I've been there a few times. Just something different.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

That is bad news jobs no doubt lost .

Yes , all jobs gone and the guy I was talking too , really friendly , had only been working there a short time. He’s trying other places and looking out for something. He’ll be ok as he’s really engaging in the best way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Just called in to HSS Hire this morning to be told there closing and no hires available . Everything’s getting shipped back as not enough business . They have been here ages too with at one time a shop in Ramsey . Hired loads of stuff from them over the years .

Indicative of a slow-down in construction maybe, the core of their business must be to the building trade?

• Like 1