Firm closing

finlo

21 hours ago, emesde said:

Went past Millets this morning.large posters in window  saying

Closing Down Sale

Since heard it is a rebranding,but same owners.......well let's hope that's correct.

Isn't it one of those places that seem to have perpetual 'closing down' sales?

https://www.millets.co.uk/

Edited by Moghrey Mie
  • Like 1

When is a 'closing down' sale not so? When it's re-opening withe the same company?

Still, 'spose the legal dept have cleared the wording???

Have to say, genuinely nice guy in there explained what was happening!

Edited by Kopek

Interesting piece from Sam Turton on a question Glover asked about the Meadows Estate in Castletown:

‘Not Appropriate’ to Discuss Why Estate Has Paused

Johnston was claiming it was nothing to do with him while clearly being very annoyed about it being brought up.  There's clearly something going on that they don't want the public to know about.

(incidentally I thought I'd seem rumours regarding Haven on this topic, but I can't find them).

52 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Interesting piece from Sam Turton on a question Glover asked about the Meadows Estate in Castletown:

Johnston was claiming it was nothing to do with him while clearly being very annoyed about it being brought up.  There's clearly something going on that they don't want the public to know about.

(incidentally I thought I'd seem rumours regarding Haven on this topic, but I can't find them).

Someone mentioned that the original investors and directors eg Lewis family were selling their stake to concentrate on falcons nest redevelopment.

Theres a landowner, a builder and a financier. The landowner, Qualtrough, and the financing party have issued statutory demands against Haven to wind it up. 

When someone signs a contract its with the landowner to sell the land and the builder to build. The end conveyance is of the land with the house built on the land.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

1 hour ago, GreyWolf said:

Good question by Glover, as there has been rumours circulating for a while about that particular development.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Someone mentioned that the original investors and directors eg Lewis family were selling their stake to concentrate on falcons nest redevelopment.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

There have been rumours circulating in the North about Haven's status/future for some time but no evidence as yet to support.

3 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

Theres a landowner, a builder and a financier. The landowner, Qualtrough, and the financing party have issued statutory demands against Haven to wind it up. 

When someone signs a contract its with the landowner to sell the land and the builder to build. The end conveyance is of the land with the house built on the land.

Thanks, that makes sense, hopefully it can be sorted out soon.  But what I thought interesting was Johnston's reaction:

However, the minister said he was “not in position to talk about a specific business”.

He added: “I think that will not be appropriate clearly that the honourable member has highlighted an issue. I’m also aware that officers have directly contacted you on that and given an explanation of as much as we know at this stage.

“My understanding is that there will there are contingencies in place. We shall hopefully see those that development continue, but I cannot comment any further on that at this stage.”

Why not just stop at the first sentence rather than berate Glover for daring to raise the issue, even though it's of concern to his constituents?  Is the DfE involved in some way and wants to keep things quiet? 

(Obviously screaming "Nothing to see here!"  is always counterproductive and presumably why Turton picked up on the story.  But the DfE lot aren't that bright at the best of times).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Is the DfE involved in some way and wants to keep things quiet?

Wonder how much the Manx Development Corporation chucked Haven? And whether we’ll ever see the money or the houses?

It would certainly explain the tetchiness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1