Firm closing

finlo

I’ve spent this week closely comparing prices across our choice of supermarkets, Tesco has put loads of stuff up by quite some margin, what is especially noticeable is their value range, M&S and Co-op are certainly cheaper on most of the value range, is this Tesco massively profiteering (a future scandal no doubt?) or are M&S and Co-op heavily subsidising their value ranges?

I’m not a great fan of Shoprite but they have also proved cheaper on a host of items, which is something I can’t believe I’m even writing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

I’ve spent this week closely comparing prices across our choice of supermarkets, Tesco has put loads of stuff up by quite some margin, what is especially noticeable is their value range, M&S and Co-op are certainly cheaper on most of the value range, is this Tesco massively profiteering (a future scandal no doubt?) or are M&S and Co-op heavily subsidising their value ranges?

I’m not a great fan of Shoprite but they have also proved cheaper on a host of items, which is something I can’t believe I’m even writing.

ASDA over here has increased prices. Just wait, the rest will follow.

Edited by GD4ELI

On 6/20/2022 at 11:49 PM, alpha-acid said:

I would predict that H+B might sell up this year as well

Cries of "Deep Joy!" from pub goers and the trade in general then....

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

My theory is they want to make it one big increase and then have stability for a while, or offer discounts to make it appear cheaper. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

All the supermarkets have their bargains but who can be bothered 😕 r afford the petrol to go around each one just buying the best bargains!

M& S had a good deal on buy 3 deli items for £7 which went to £8 a few months ago, probably £9 soon 

50 minutes ago, Angrybutcher said:

Radcliffes must be overdue their annual threat to leave Castletown.

Don't say that - I'm going there shortly. 

No parking in the square at all at the moment and just a few places on The Parade

21 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Give it a few weeks and you'll see prices ramping up across the range of shops. 

4 hours ago, kevster said:

Don't say that - I'm going there shortly. 

No parking in the square at all at the moment and just a few places on The Parade

Just how it should be. A market square is for people not cars. 

never been a great fan of going to Castletown but since the closure I’ve been more than ever. Always passing by on my bike. Sometimes stopping for coffee sometimes just to people watch. Just need Hugo’s missus to start the same approach in Port Erin. 

• Like 2