Firm closing

finlo

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

No.  According to the accounts:

14  The Isle of Man Government is the ultimate controlling party, by ownership of 100% of shares and the ability to appoint the board.

In actual fact, as we keep on being told that the IOMG isn't a single legal entity, I suspect this actually means that the shares are owned and controlled by the Treasury.

Thanks for that. 

31 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No.  According to the accounts:

14  The Isle of Man Government is the ultimate controlling party, by ownership of 100% of shares and the ability to appoint the board.

In actual fact, as we keep on being told that the IOMG isn't a single legal entity, I suspect this actually means that the shares are owned and controlled by the Treasury.

Sounds very Boris   "but we are not shareholders, or involved with the strategic direction or operations of Laxey Glen Mill." this seems at odds with, " The Isle of Man Government is the ultimate controlling party, by ownership of 100% of shares and the ability to appoint the board."

Why the mis-direction I wonder?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mollag said:

Sounds very Boris   "but we are not shareholders, or involved with the strategic direction or operations of Laxey Glen Mill." this seems at odds with, " The Isle of Man Government is the ultimate controlling party, by ownership of 100% of shares and the ability to appoint the board."

Trying to distance themselves for when it goes tits up!

32 minutes ago, mollag said:

I think she's speaking on behalf of DEFA and indicating that that Department doesn't control LGM or appoint its Directors or whatever.  There's also the complication that: 

Flour sales include a subsidy totalling £41,000 (2020: £41,000) from the Treasury Division of Isle of Man Government which is the ultimate beneficial owner and controlling party of the company. At the balance sheet date £Nil remained due (2020: £Nil). Rent was received during the year from the Department of Environment Food and Agriculture in respect of the Salmon Hatchery in the sum of £10,502.

(Note 13 of Accounts)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It'll never happen - either the commissioners will object or the usual rabble of shopkeepers will...

Are there enough shopkeepers in Laxey to form a rabble...? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

If there is so much wheat stockpiled, why isn’t it being sold at a time of shortage? 

Because it’s too expensive and they can bring stuff in from across at a fraction of the price. That’s why Ramsey Bakery’s bread was so expensive.