Firm closing

finlo

10 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Going too big too quick can set you back. I think when Paula worked from home to regular customers she was doing just fine. Expanding to bigger premises with increased costs all round requires a really good product to see it through.

I also think you have to have pride in your product and carefully select your customers. Seeing an artisan product on the shelves in EVF filling stations did nothing for the reputation of the business in my opinion  

That said, I’m sure she’ll soon be back with another project. It’s good to know when you need to cut your losses, take a break, and move on to the next thing. 

Going too big too quick can set you back''.... Quickly!!! ....but if she was not making a decent wage, what other way to go?

She refers to a Family business, if there were others wanting a cut of the profits, growing is the only way to provide for that? She has tried that, it didn't work for her niche product without the niche market to sustain it.

It's great that she had a go and best of luck in her next adventure!

15 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I would disagree. Just Pizza and Pasta are very good on consistency. Been going now for I'd say 3 years and the meals , be it pasta or pizza is always excellent. You can transfer the 2 k to my account please ! 

I think they have been at their present location now for around three years, they were in Wellington Street prior to this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Too many crabs trying to get into the paper bags of really nice food?

Is there any wonder we have nothing but third class shit for sale on the island, generally - long live Amazon -  and the same shit food served in most food outlets*

*You may find a good food outlet on the island but i would bet a couple of grand that if you go again more than two or three times you will have a crap meal, there is no consistency, which to me says no proper cheffing, if that is a word .....

You obviously go to the wrong restaurants then

• Haha 1

in other news there a a few eateries opening up , tacoma on victoria street in douglas , chris franklin on the quay in peel, admittedly they are utilising venues that were already eateries but there are still plenty of places left to eat out ( there's a lesbian joke in there somewhere for non snowflakes )

11 hours ago, Little Jeanie said:

And another.....

image.png.7c4af0bc92f8b0f16d83ac263bac2d53.png

Whilst it’s reduced it’s service offering, it’s also less tax revenue, potentially less VAT as well (if registered). Many more businesses will close or reduce their operation (s) or opening hours. I don’t think IOMG have an inkling of the real world.  Eating food like this used to be a regular experience, then it became a treat, and now it’s luxury. The GMP May have to rein in those luxuries to be able to heat and power their homes, keep a roof over their heads and have food to sustain them in order to live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

in other news there a a few eateries opening up , tacoma on victoria street in douglas , chris franklin on the quay in peel, admittedly they are utilising venues that were already eateries but there are still plenty of places left to eat out ( there's a lesbian joke in there somewhere for non snowflakes )

Lesbians make the best sandwiches.