Firm closing

finlo

Announcement by weekend,   don’t hold your breath.    I think fuel vouchers would be the way to go to spend on any variety of fuel of your choice or food vouchers if these are the commodities that are hurting the most and essential as we all need to eat and heat.   Free transport should be looked at as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

Manx Radio today.    ''  Chief Minister Alfred Cannan chaired a meeting of the Economic Strategy Board yesterday. ''

He must have been listening to you 2112?

It's only him & the Treasury Minister isn't it?

Cannan being DfE Minister as well as CM

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Announcement by weekend,   don’t hold your breath.    I think fuel vouchers would be the way to go to spend on any variety of fuel of your choice or food vouchers if these are the commodities that are hurting the most and essential as we all need to eat and heat.   Free transport should be looked at as well.

I’ve a feeling that Alf will screw things up. If there is an easy way, a hard way, the impossible way will be chosen. What is required above all else is a plan, to get the island through the autumn and the winter, with the economy being reviewed constantly. Large scale projects should be put on hold until the economic climate improves. 

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

[Manx Radio today.    ''  Chief Minister Alfred Cannan chaired a meeting of the Economic Strategy Board yesterday. '']

It's only him & the Treasury Minister isn't it?

Cannan being DfE Minister as well as CM

Moorhouse had a plaintive Written Question in last month asking: Whether [the CM] will publish the membership, chair and terms of reference for current committees and sub-committees established by the Council of Ministers or Chief Minister on gov.im; and by when.  And got the embarrassed answer 'By the end of the month, promise - but we have done the one on War Memorials'.

And they have actually published it, as you say it's just Allinson and Cannan.  And seven civil servants.

(The other sub-committees are here)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Never been but they do have some serious prices.  

I wanted to support them, I liked what they were trying to do, they made their own salami, and when it comes to meat I think it is important to know where it is coming from and how the animals live. You could see their pigs. 

But it certainly wasn't aimed at people like me, which is a shame.

And this is going to continue to be a problem, costs continue to go up for everyone, the price of everything continues to go up for everyone, and you try to adjust in your head the value of things knowing it is important to support small local businesses. And then you go for lunch and leave feeling you've been scalped so don't go again, and then they close down and its sad, and in the end all there will be is a giant Tesco and Amazon drones and it will be shit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Locally produced products are always going to cost more than Imported UK stuff, it is economies of scale, if people aren't willing to pay the extra then all local production business will close simple as that

I didn’t say anything about cost, I said they were expensive.

A product can cost far more than a competitive product without being expensive.  Something is expensive when it costs more than it is worth.

I have no issue paying more for a better quality or more bespoke product.  I object to paying more for something that is similar or lower quality to what I can get elsewhere but which is expensive.