Firm closing

finlo

30 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Never tried Close Leece for all the reasons above, for me personally I couldn’t justify the prices, not knocking them at all, I don’t think I was ever their intended market, because they didn’t cater for all budgets.

There is an ill wind blowing through the IOM retail and hospitality sector. Lack of money from customers reining in on buying extras. Increasing staff costs, increasing fuel costs, increasing taxes and the price of the raw materials and products going up hugely. This winter will see a huge amount of businesses off and each one is an employer who will then release staff back onto the job market. In the meantime we’re looking for 15,000 more idiots to come here to flood the job market to pay for the IOMG a pension bill. I don’t actually think government has a clue. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

so do we accept a reduced GNP and not try to find a way through this???

Our GDP doesn’t rely on the real economy. It relies on VAT arbitrage on spending that washes through the IOM. This is what IOM government fails to realize. These jobs and businesses aren’t directly linked to our economy other than when it isn’t doing well when they will offload expense onto the state in terms of benefits and support. 

Edited by MrGarrison
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If Leece were doing 'tasting menus' that would be a sign of poor management, being run by non professionals who are more influenced by Facebook and last nights 'Nigella' than catering to their core clientel???

Went to a pork themed tasting menu there one evening. Seven pork based courses was a bit much, I made a bit of a pig of myself. Also had trouble getting them to understand that although we booked the accompanying wide with each course we also wanted to order bottles of wine as well. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Went to a pork themed tasting menu there one evening. Seven pork based courses was a bit much, I made a bit of a pig of myself. Also had trouble getting them to understand that although we booked the accompanying wide with each course we also wanted to order bottles of wine as well. 

The whole of Peel and the west have become jumped up with a superiority complex which will soon bite them in the ass.

• Confused 1

Old GITS, only used it as a lunchtime special so a pig out would not be for me!

as i say above, these fancy ideas often come from non professional management who think that they know what the customer requires based on their facebook trawling!!!!

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

The most arrogant owner/manager I’ve ever had the misfortune to come across. Can’t understand why it lasted so long.

For some reason the hospitality industry is full of people like that.  I can only assume they enjoy shouting at waiters so much, they want to take it up as a career.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, MrGarrison said:

There is an ill wind blowing through the IOM retail and hospitality sector. Lack of money from customers reining in on buying extras. Increasing staff costs, increasing fuel costs, increasing taxes and the price of the raw materials and products going up hugely. This winter will see a huge amount of businesses off and each one is an employer who will then release staff back onto the job market. In the meantime we’re looking for 15,000 more idiots to come here to flood the job market to pay for the IOMG a pension bill. I don’t actually think government has a clue. 

They haven’t. People will still want to go out to eat but government have to step in and help. Currently they would rather swan off to London and Canada than resolve the problems that are coming their way

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

For some reason the hospitality industry is full of people like that.  I can only assume they enjoy shouting at waiters so much, they want to take it up as a career.

Stop taking shite. Those “type” of people are in the minority. There are a lot of hard working owners struggling to get by and making sure staff get paid regardless

5 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Stop taking shite. Those “type” of people are in the minority. There are a lot of hard working owners struggling to get by and making sure staff get paid regardless

I agree . There are some great employers out there who care about their staff and customers and are welcoming. Those tend to be the ones I frequent and always will as long as I can afford too. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1