Firm closing

finlo

3 hours ago, finlo said:

Babbage's at the old film studios at a guess.

in that case  i have already tried it ,   i went last year under the old management and 'butchers sausages' were 2 sausages from teares in ramsey,  went last week and 'butchers sausages' as stated on the menu  turned out to be 3 sausages that definitely hadn't come from a proper butchers, more like from a bag of 50 in the freezer and not what i was expecting.  it was still ok but a step back in quality , i'd still go again but try something else.

Edited by WTF

13 minutes ago, WTF said:

in that case  i have already tried it ,   i went last year under the old management and 'butchers sausages' were 2 sausages from teares in ramsey,  went last week and 'butchers sausages' as stated on the menu  turned out to be 3 sausages that definitely hadn't come from a proper butchers, more like from a bag of 50 in the freezer and not what i was expecting.  it was still ok but a step back in quality , i'd still go again but try something else.

It's under new management as of this week.

46 minutes ago, BriT said:

You can always have a take out if you don’t want to eat with the losers and the toothless hags. 

I don’t want to eat the cheap food (unless it’s improved since I last visited)

There are places for both businesses, but a sausage and bacon bap from the caff is not the same as a sausage and bacon bap from noa regardless of where you chose to consume them.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 1

Besides their rising utilities bills, I wonder how many of the places currently struggling have also not been able to pay and/or renegotiate their rents, which were probably negotiated prior to Covid etc.   Landlords with unrealistic expectations perhaps, who will now have properties sitting empty. 

From their perspective, they still own a property subject to market value fluctuations, so possibly don't care whether or not their properties are unoccupied or leased. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Asthehills said:

There are places for both businesses, but a sausage and bacon bap from the caff is not the same as a sausage and bacon bap from noa regardless of where you chose to consume them.

Bacon is bacon (I take your point on sausages) I’d actually prefer one of theirs to Noa. 

Edited by BriT
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Good for you, Mr. Laa Dee Daa 

Not everyone can afford so-called artisan prices. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

They'll be slashed too once they finally wake up and smell the coffee. This isn't just a bump in the road.

Smell the coffee, they could sit in Noa all day and still not smell the aroma. IOMG think the answer is the state and to keep the endless recruiting.

• Like 3

Rip off merchants….perhaps a little harsh but prices have shot up in mediocre establishments serving mediocre food.    Also there is a hit and miss element I went to one place with friends and it was fine, was not cheap but the meal and service was really good so took friends there two weeks later different experience altogether.   I always ask friends if they enjoyed their meal if they mention they have been out and the usual answer is …it was ok or it was alright.   If establishments are going to increase prices they will have to put a bit more effort in it is not a easy business to be in and some will fall by the wayside there is more competition now than there used to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Smell the coffee, they could sit in Noa all day and still not smell the aroma. IOMG think the answer is the state and to keep the endless recruiting.

That's true. But they're not going to have any other choice when mass unemployment hits and government revenues collapse. Back to the 1970's we go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Rip off merchants….perhaps a little harsh but prices have shot up in mediocre establishments serving mediocre food.    Also there is a hit and miss element I went to one place with friends and it was fine, was not cheap but the meal and service was really good so took friends there two weeks later different experience altogether.   I always ask friends if they enjoyed their meal if they mention they have been out and the usual answer is …it was ok or it was alright.   If establishments are going to increase prices they will have to put a bit more effort in it is not a easy business to be in and some will fall by the wayside there is more competition now than there used to be.

It's all about consistency. If you have a very good meal one week, you expect a very good meal on your next visit. This is where a lot of establishments let themselves down

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It's all about consistency. If you have a very good meal one week, you expect a very good meal on your next visit. This is where a lot of establishments let themselves down

TBF one of the great things about places like the Caff, Rovers, Terrace Chippy, is the absence of people who would pay £6-12 for a bacon bap.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

....also these people are less likely to complain about a 'slight' inconsistency in their bacon bap !!!

However, a 15 quid Lobster Coral and Champagne Souffle starter in Epernay  might invite closer scrutiny??? Although I doubt many would notice the difference!!!

Edited by Kopek