Firm closing

finlo

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well for cooking at home I find the Andreas farm produce very superior. More pricey yes but the taste of their bacon, sausage and black pudding is well worth the ( relatively small) differential

i'm andreas bacon too , but there sausages went the clone route so i get close leece as they still look and taste like proper sausages.  

9 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That seems to be one of those places that only open when they can be arsed.

True.  I heard they were doing a lot of catering style stuff now for offices and events instead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BriT said:

The weirdest buy local message I’ve seen in a while. The Manx tartan kilt should last you a lifetime as an alternative to buying trousers from M&S.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/people-urged-to-consider-sustainable-manx-clothing/

You'd no longer need to buy underwear either, so win-win!

• Like 1

It seems the CoC has concerns for businesses and how they are going to survive this winter. but not sure if they will be offering support packages. This lot really take the biscuit for being inefficient. They were told what was required last year and to the best of my knowledge done the neck end of fuck all about it. No business wants continuous handouts but would appreciate a fair and level playing field to operate in

6 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

It seems the CoC has concerns for businesses and how they are going to survive this winter. but not sure if they will be offering support packages. This lot really take the biscuit for being inefficient. They were told what was required last year and to the best of my knowledge done the neck end of fuck all about it. No business wants continuous handouts but would appreciate a fair and level playing field to operate in

The government could do worse than knock the 'Dining Car' on the head. 

That's 80 odd people being taken away from local restaurants. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 0bserver said:

That's really just another eating venue. If you have an establishment that consistently provides good service/good food then you can't go wrong. What can go wrong and constantly does is the government forever dipping into your pocket. I have a few pet hates but high on the list are staff tips. We make sure our staff get every penny but the government then insist on taxing the staff and the employee

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

That's really just another eating venue. If you have an establishment that consistently provides good service/good food then you can't go wrong. What can go wrong and constantly does is the government forever dipping into your pocket. I have a few pet hates but high on the list are staff tips. We make sure our staff get every penny but the government then insist on taxing the staff and the employee

No issues with the venue. Just as a government run venue it would help other businesses if it were to close. 

The people would likely still go out to eat but would support proper businesses.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Are there any other Dining Car themed restaurants on the island?

• Confused 1