Firm closing

finlo

29 minutes ago, quilp said:

Oh yes, the little catalogue of doe-eyed kids. I took one home, from the old St. Mary's (making it 1967), my Ma took it from me and I never saw it again. When I reminded her that the envelopes were due back she huffed and said "charity begins at home Son" and that was that. For her. Unfortunately for me, when asked where my envelopes were, I repeated what she'd said to the genuinely frightening Sister Mary Rita. A deep darkness descended in her eyes, conveyed in a withering, practiced stare that had my 7-year old self a-quivering with knowing-guilt till Xmas.

"Sit down!" full of menace, was all she quietly hissed. For a while after it certainly led to an increase in the stab in the ribs with that formidable, 5-inch cruciform which hung from her belt if she decided I was deserving. She dished out some terrible violence on little lids, on occasion.

But that's another story.

Thread derail 😬

Yes, Sister Mary Rita, aowl witch!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Refuge has always been busy at breakfast and lunch when I've been in. I think it's a bit lost atm, the menu if becoming a bit silly/confusing and less appealing. Overcomplicating for sake of it. But I do wish Rob well.

I thought it was lost from the off. The menu has always been very confusing. 

He seems to have a lot of good will in the industry. My own personal feeling from what I know of him and his father, and have heard from others too, is that it's not warranted. People aren't always the public face.

16 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

He seems to have a lot of good will in the industry. My own personal feeling from what I know of him and his father, and have heard from others too, is that it's not warranted. People aren't always the public face.

Check your change in both cases . ! Especially when you've had a few ! 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Dear boy, you should find yourself networking in better circles and then you'll appreciate why Rob jnr in particular has so much goodwill from many factions of the business community :)

• Like 2

Just now, NoTailT said:

Dear boy, you should find yourself networking in better circles and then you'll appreciate why Rob jnr in particular has so much goodwill from many factions of the business community :)

I have no idea what that means to be frank. I'm going to say it's a joke.

Enlightenment would be most appreciated 😊