The strategy to attract 500,000 visitors!

Max Power

Rob on Tynwald now.  Claiming that 11 million UK visitors fit the profile to visit the island.  Why limit it to 11 million?  If it's a moonshot, let's just say 100 million?

It's a 'fantasy land' plan whose sole aim is to justify the ever increasing government headcount.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Rob on Tynwald now.  Claiming that 11 million UK visitors fit the profile to visit the island.  Why limit it to 11 million?  If it's a moonshot, let's just say 100 million?

It's a 'fantasy land' plan whose sole aim is to justify the ever increasing government headcount.

I refer you to this earlier post from the Greenhow Retirement thread....

Screenshot_20220517-145123_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cissolt said:

*googles number of pensioners in the UK*

Yep he is spot on there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cissolt said:

They might fit the profile, but they don't want to visit the shithole that is known as Douglas

They can stay at home for fucked up roadworks, high prices and bad politicians / public sector

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, snowman said:

They might fit the profile, but they don't want to visit the shithole that is known as Douglas

They can stay at home for fucked up roadworks, high prices and bad politicians / public sector

This

But - At home in the North of England there would at least be decent roadworks, in that they would be done to a proper engineering standard.

Here, on this rock we have, for example a shoddily hand poured bit of a "Ditch"? at the side of the mountain road that is supposed to be a drain.

Have a look next time you go that way. They could not even be bothered to cut the tarmac in a straight line before filling the ditch with concrete.

Drive over the moors in the North of the UK and where there are roadside ditches they are neat formed concrete, not put in with the back of a shovel like here.

NOBODY IN DOI SEEMS TO HAVE A PAIR OF EYES?

THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION FOR THE SHIT LOOKING STUFF THEY DO.

OR, OR THEY DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK.

The latter may be the truth................

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

500,000 people all attracted by 'eco tourism' sounds a bit wank if you ask me? 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tynwald-approves-ambitious-tourism-strategy/

I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out without anaesthetic than go on an 'eco holiday,' at least we'd have better dental cover! 

The most 'eco'/environmentally friendly holiday you can take is not taking a holiday. 

So I guess when the 500,000 don't show up, at least they can turn around and say they saved the environment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

500,000 people all attracted by 'eco tourism' sounds a bit wank if you ask me? 

Maybe we could pioneer "eco-wanking" to encourage tourism? 

Haven't really thought through the mechanics of that, but pretty sure it wouldn't involve Callister, Ashford or shredders.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, cissolt said:

Someone talking about bird watching tourism.....and we wonder why we are stuck in the dark ages.

Tell that to Mull where just that makes their economy 5 million a year and the Scottish economy 276 million a year.

• Like 2