The strategy to attract 500,000 visitors!

Max Power

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Oh and if you have kids then work from home some days as there's not enough teachers to keep the schools open" 

Or people to drive the school bus. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Or people to drive the school bus. 

I mean if some of the people they attract turned out to be teachers, doctors, bus drivers or dentists then great. 

But I suspect they'll just attract another thousand geriatric residents with gammy hips and cataracts

Just now, english zloty said:

One wonders if Allison has had a 'premonition' that soon there will be one less Ministerial position? All the signs seem to be DFE is going to be carved up. I guess in the main to Treasury.

Pre-recorded interview with NPM?

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

I mean if some of the people they attract turned out to be teachers, doctors, bus drivers or dentists then great. 

But I suspect they'll just attract another thousand geriatric residents with gammy hips and cataracts

Unbelievable as is seems DFE aren't even tracking who is coming here through locate. They genuinely have no idea. 

Half a million visitors!!! How bloody ridiculous, pie in the sky, what are those airy fairy DfE thinking about? EEjits one and all!!!

On the other hand, we already have 32000 visitors so it's only another 18000 over ten years? Hmmm, maybe that's possible?

Still they're bloody useless these bozos in Tynwald and the DfE.

The figures include visiting relatives of residents and any increase could also be of the same.

I.m not a fan of Tourism, despite being part of it for 50 yrs. It's a small part of our economy and should only receive it's proportion of attention but this should include looking after what we have.  I am in favour of population expansion and sorting the infrastructure to suit.

'' Hmmm, maybe that's possible?'' I sound like Andy Wint!!!😃

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Well if the locate.im strategy is anything like the IOMGs attempts at trying to get HNWIs to come to the island ………………… some of the results haven’t been exactly glowing!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

So will the policy be, 'if you have lots of money we will give you more' or 'if you have no money we will give you more'. but if you live here you can't have any?

We've been doing the first one for years...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

Well if the locate.im strategy is anything like the IOMGs attempts at trying to get HNWIs to come to the island ………………… some of the results haven’t been exactly glowing!

The radio ads they’re running on this are just sad.

Come on holiday and be impressed by the cancelled flights, the intrusive border controls, our shitty airport or the shabby port. Then experience the delights of the poor hotels on offer, or the overpriced holiday lets on offer. Ogle at the eye-watering price of basic housing in the estate agents windows as you walk past. Then try and find a restaurant open anytime before Wednesday or see if you can get a bus to or from anywhere. It’s so great you’ll want to come and work here!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, joebean said:

Listening to IOM government "strategy" announcements is a bit like going into a shop with a fabulous window display and finding they had forgotten to order any stock.

Because all the capital that should have been used to buy stock has been pushed away in wheelbarrows. Or floated away in luxuriously appointed lifeboats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1