The strategy to attract 500,000 visitors!

Max Power

1 hour ago, BriT said:

But that’s the point. We all pay for their ethical conversion to things we mere mortals can’t afford. We’re bad people because we can’t afford to be as good citizens as those who we bankroll on more money than we actually get paid. 

Ethical, you say....?

Screenshot_20220712-175427_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Max Power said:

The price of admission is outrageous, £8.00 I believe. Who on earth is mad enough to pay that to climb some stairs and stand at the top of that?

Absolutely. I wanted to go up, saw the fee, and was turning, turning, turning.............

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Ethical, you say....?

Screenshot_20220712-175427_Facebook.jpg

Yeah, it get's my back up when electric cars are called 'green'. They may produce less pollutants over their lifetime then petrol or diesel cars (Cis cars?!), but they are not green. The mining of lithium is hugely problematic, as is the recycling of the batteries (The lithium element can't be recycled at all). You want to be greener? Use public transport, travel less. I've had clients who have built mcmansions over here, importing stone and products from round the world, destroying local habitats, fly in private jets etc etc and then feel virtuous as they have enough money to put a couple of solar panels in and buy an electric car, which usually sits alongside some big-engined ones that they ain't losing. Oh, and don't worry about the car tax on that vehicle, we'll get that as we simper in the shadow of your virtuous magnificence.

The important thing is, though, that I'm not bitter.

Edit - and i may have somewhat digressed from the stratagy to attract 500,000  visitors. I did see 2 yesterday, so I feel that that may be going rather better then expected.

Edited by Hoops
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Laxey Wheel seems to have averaged around 35,000 visitors a year pre-Covid.  Not all will have paid directly of course as they might be members of the Friends of MNH or some reciprocal organisation.

It would be interesting to know how many of the visitors to Laxey Wheel were cruise ship passengers, and if the same passengers were going on the MER to Snaefell afterwards?