Cabinet office growth

Banker

32 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I don’t know he actually served? 

Alf was at Sandhurst and commissioned into the British Army  big problem he has got is how to pay the government pensions , so the Chief officers group have decided the best course of action is to continue with the Ponzi scheme , and the additional new boys coming into Government will in essence  be paying for the pensions of those  coming up ,to or already , retired  

once you start on this road its very difficult to reduce staffing numbers   without causing major problems with the actuaries , many of the pension recipients  particularly where there has been a husband and wife both working for government  can be receiving an access of £100k , I don't know how much longer this can go on for  Chris Thomas did some work on the fund but has gone very quiet , perhaps he got a fright  when the light came on and he recognised what was happening , and how big a problem it is to solve , and in the meantime the boys just kick the can down the road 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Alf was at Sandhurst and commissioned into the British Army  big problem he has got is how to pay the government pensions , so the Chief officers group have decided the best course of action is to continue with the Ponzi scheme , and the additional new boys coming into Government will in essence  be paying for the pensions of those  coming up ,to or already , retired  

once you start on this road its very difficult to reduce staffing numbers   without causing major problems with the actuaries , many of the pension recipients  particularly where there has been a husband and wife both working for government  can be receiving an access of £100k , I don't know how much longer this can go on for  Chris Thomas did some work on the fund but has gone very quiet , perhaps he got a fright  when the light came on and he recognised what was happening , and how big a problem it is to solve , and in the meantime the boys just kick the can down the road 

They changed this. New entrants now get a choice and can have a defined contribution arrangement. So you're only paying for your own pension.

28 minutes ago, Omobono said:

once you start on this road its very difficult to reduce staffing numbers   without causing major problems with the actuaries ,

That is the whole essence of a Ponzi scheme. It eventually becomes unsustainable because you run out of new people to join and keep the funding flowing for those already in it. The day of reckoning has been coming for years, but as you say, the COG guys keep finding ways to postpone the inevitable.

We've been hearing the word 'kleptocracy' a lot lately, in relation to Putin's Russia. I am beginning to wonder to what extent we are living in a form of 'kleptocracy' where our politicians, senior civil servants and their mates (farmers, developers, Sefton Group etc. ) are just systematically helping themselves to our money, for their own ends.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 3

On 4/29/2022 at 2:22 PM, 2112 said:

It’s like Ashie raiding the reserves and saying I only borrowed a few £s and I’ll pay it back, it’s meaningless. Like ex CM Quayle Cannan is obsessed with growing the civil service, and he believes that Government is the answer to everyone’s problems. I don’t believe anything that comes out of CM Cannans mouth. I believe Ashies bullshit more. 

He's never suggested it'll be paid back, as far as I'm aware

Edited by SleepyJoe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Omobono said:

Chris Thomas did a lot of work & brought in the envelope where there’s cost sharing from now on government paying c15% & members contributions going up. the issue is the historical pensions where they never paid anything & now the deficit is paid from tax revenue.
Of course Howie got rid of Chris & now Kate is chair of public sector pension scheme!!

Local authorities schemes are even worse with ratepayers paying something like 30% & unsure what the members pay