Elon Musk Buys Twitter

0bserver

11 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Anyone who thinks Musk cares about free speech is a muppet. 

I actually think he does care. The woke meltdown is wonderful to watch. Especially from Twitters own legal team raging that they might not be allowed to censor so much content in future. Between Musk and Trumps Social Justice platform social media it’s going to get very interesting. 

7 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I actually think he does care. The woke meltdown is wonderful to watch. Especially from Twitters own legal team raging that they might not be allowed to censor so much content in future. Between Musk and Trumps Social Justice platform social media it’s going to get very interesting. 

Trump's platform will be a half baked mess just like every right wing platform. 

https://www.businessinsider.in/thelife/news/chinese-bloggers-reportedly-said-tesla-threatened-to-sue-them-after-they-posted-negative-comments-about-elon-musks-company/articleshow/83439841.cms

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/25/business/musk-labor-board.html

This your free speech guy? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

But he did also do ‘Pedo guy’ and other mental stuff so it will be fun watching how it unravels. 

Oh I do definitely think this could pan out to be very very funny, but Elon is certainly not some champion of free speech. It also has the potential to turn out very very dull, just him repeatedly suggesting shitter versions of things that already exist and never actually implementing/changing anything.

28 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Oh I do definitely think this could pan out to be very very funny, but Elon is certainly not some champion of free speech. It also has the potential to turn out very very dull, just him repeatedly suggesting shitter versions of things that already exist and never actually implementing/changing anything.

The wokes are loving it though. It’s something else they can pretend to be offended about. This quote from Amnesty International is brilliant. Why do they think that a change in ownership will result in women and non-binary persons specifically being abused? It’s a ridiculous argument. I once got a 30 day ban on Facebook for suggesting someone was “mad” because they expressed a ridiculous opinion. Thats all it takes for your average woke type to get pressing the censor button in the last few years. A lot of them probably need to grow up and engage in honest debate without calling for the Facebook police to sort their fights out for them. 

Amnesty International said: "We are concerned with any steps that Twitter might take to erode enforcement of the policies and mechanisms designed to protect users.

"The last thing we need is a Twitter that wilfully turns a blind eye to violent and abusive speech against users, particularly those most disproportionately impacted, including women, non-binary persons, and others."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bandits said:

The wokes are loving it though. It’s something else they can pretend to be offended about. This quote from Amnesty International is brilliant. Why do they think that a change in ownership will result in women and non-binary persons specifically being abused? It’s a ridiculous argument. I once got a 30 day ban on Facebook for suggesting someone was “mad” because they expressed a ridiculous opinion. Thats all it takes for your average woke type to get pressing the censor button in the last few years. A lot of them probably need to grow up and engage in honest debate without calling for the Facebook police to sort their fights out for them. 

Amnesty International said: "We are concerned with any steps that Twitter might take to erode enforcement of the policies and mechanisms designed to protect users.

"The last thing we need is a Twitter that wilfully turns a blind eye to violent and abusive speech against users, particularly those most disproportionately impacted, including women, non-binary persons, and others."

I still have no idea what a "woke" is.

"Why do they think that a change in ownership will result in women and non-binary persons specifically being abused?"

It's quite well described in their quote. Their concern is that Elon's ownership will roll back protections. It's always the most marginalised who suffer when that happens, so they then go on to make note of the most marginalised. Doesn't seem particularly outlandish.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:41 PM, The Phantom said:

I think it's going to be hilarious to see the outrage of the woke lefty celebs.

Elon has already said he hopes that his biggest critics stay on the platform.  That is what free speech is about. 

It's certainly going to be interesting. 

Mind you, old Elon wasn't much interested in the free speech of Vernon Unsworth who coordinated the rescue of a group of boys and their soccer coach who were trapped in a flooded cave in Thailand, was he? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2