Residents 'shocked' to be fined for parking on pavements outside homes

Happier diner

On the NPM this morning, local authority commissioners are objecting to these proposals. Peel Commissioners are concerned that they may discourage visitors, whilst Micheal District Commissioners don’t want Kirk Micheal  village to become a car park.

What a fiasco this will become if these proposals are adopted. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2112 said:

On the NPM this morning, local authority commissioners are objecting to these proposals. Peel Commissioners are concerned that they may discourage visitors, whilst Micheal District Commissioners don’t want Kirk Micheal  village to become a car park.

Badly thought out, badly rushed, badly administrated, badly communicated.

It's not going to happen.

• Like 3

Badly thought out, badly rushed, badly administrated, badly communicated, sounds very familiar that does not usually stop any cunning stunt this Government dreams up.   Let’s start with the Love ❤️ Island gift cards, the T.T. merchandise and that is only one department.   Manx Care fits the bill as well, Liverpool landing stage, the flume fiasco , Douglas promenade, etc,etc,etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

So what are the Commissioners' bright ideas for dealing with large vehicles? They've had 10 years to consider this professional report.

https://www.gov.im/media/951289/peel_parking_study_-_co03022416_fr_04__inc_apps__-_final_report_feb_2013....pdf

29 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

So what are the Commissioners' bright ideas for dealing with large vehicles? They've had 10 years to consider this professional report.

https://www.gov.im/media/951289/peel_parking_study_-_co03022416_fr_04__inc_apps__-_final_report_feb_2013....pdf

did anyone envisage the loss of parking on the Quayside in Peel with that  oversize pavement and the silly bays,  they have taken  a considerable number  of previous parking spaces , which added to the ones lost around spit  corner and the yacht club ,have destroyed parking in this area , and I hear they want to build a cycle shed on the pier behind the seafood hut  so more parking spaces gone  as well as provision for coaches at that end of the prom, and to cap it all the work was supposed to be finished  in May but they forgot to say which year , 

sadly the Peel commissioners appear to have been asleep at the wheel while the DOI ruin the historic quayside and waste millions of pounds  on this cosmetic scheme ,that just seems to block the traffic flow ,and create  problems for parking rather then solving them  ,

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

So what are the Commissioners' bright ideas for dealing with large vehicles?

who said large vehicles need dealing with in a blanket manner ???   there are a few piss takers that started this ball rolling,  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WTF said:

who said large vehicles need dealing with in a blanket manner ???   there are a few piss takers that started this ball rolling,  

What's a blanket manner?

The piss takers are the ones that leave rotten old  big vans all over the place. If they just showed a tiny bit of common sense and consideration then I agree then there wouldn't need to be new laws. But they dont. So there needs to be some legislation to kick them off the streets. Who wants a quayside full of rusty old transit vans?

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

What's a blanket manner?

The piss takers are the ones that leave rotten old  big vans all over the place. If they just showed a tiny bit of common sense and consideration then I agree then there wouldn't need to be new laws. But they dont. So there needs to be some legislation to kick them off the streets. Who wants a quayside full of rusty old transit vans?

Nobody, until a pipe bursts in your house in the middle of the night, your stop tap is seized solid and all the plumbers have had to leave their van at the yard.

Still at least one or two whinging pomms will have succeeded in getting a camper van moved off their street.

24 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Nobody, until a pipe bursts in your house in the middle of the night, your stop tap is seized solid and all the plumbers have had to leave their van at the yard.

Still at least one or two whinging pomms will have succeeded in getting a camper van moved off their street.

Why don't you read what I wrote. I'm not talking about tradesmen that actually use their vehicles. I talking about the nobs with the street sheds that never move. 

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Why don't you read what I wrote. I'm not talking about tradesmen that actually use their vehicles. I talking about the nobs with the street sheds that never move. 

You seem to have a very specific problem with 2 or 3 vans.

Go talk to their owners. Talking is good

49 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The proposed changes don't mention asking you whether the vehicle can be exempt through usage. Nor should they.

If they're taxed (and therefore insured) what business is it of yours what a vehicle owner does with their vehicle?

This used to be a tolerant place, are you really that possessive about a parking space? Would it really kill you to walk a couple of streets to your house? Live and let live.