Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Looks like Crookall has been given duff infomation. It was only the other day he was defending the fact coaches couldn't fufill this contract. DOI again found wanting ??!. 

Duff info from a duff department. He really needs to get a grip and a good start would be to sack Longworth. He's hanging around like a bad smell

• Like 1

Just now, Passing Time said:

Duff info from a duff department. He really needs to get a grip and a good start would be to sack Longworth. He's hanging around like a bad smell

Yes actually my first thoughts when heard this story was ...Longworth's stamp all over this ...he is always fiercely protective over his territory and his empire. He needs to go !!.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes actually my first thoughts when heard this story was ...Longworth's stamp all over this ...he is always fiercely protective over his territory and his empire. He needs to go !!.    

Tim's credibility would go through the roof if he got rid of this leech, and quickly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Must be on old contracts and refused the 20k to move onto new contracts then? Because the new contracts mean you don’t get a say in anything, you get what you’re given and treated like a donkey.

I never saw a donkey drive before. Until @quilpenlightened me. 

Donkeys have a reasonable life, beach life sometimes. 

12 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

and people retiring or leaving, he added.

Surely they must have knowwn when these people were leaving/retiring aas they'd have given notice.

The truth is, DOI have shot themselves in the foot by having the majority of drivers on 0 Hour contracts.

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I never saw a donkey drive before. Until @quilpenlightened me. 

Donkeys have a reasonable life, beach life sometimes. 

When the donkey's used to run on Douglas beach I remember asking the owner if I could hire a donkey and he said "yes there's a little screw underneath the saddle."

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Tim's credibility would go through the roof if he got rid of this leech, and quickly

The whole 'public transport division' is rumoured to be in the process of getting the chop. 

Buses to DEFA and trains either offloaded to MNH or some kind of arms length operation. 

We won't need a 'Director' if that happens. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The whole 'public transport division' is rumoured to be in the process of getting the chop. 

Buses to DEFA and trains either offloaded to MNH or some kind of arms length operation. 

No, you will have a director of buses and a director of rail.

Such rumours have been around for at least 20 years. Buses need to be offloaded to a franchise operator under a strict performance contract

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Buses to DEFA?

Surely not. That makes no sense.

Bus Vannin have around 60 'proper' buses. In the UK, this would be a small depot operation, managed by a graduate recruit, as their first job out of training. That said, they would have central support for aspects like HR, Finance, Procurement etc. which sound awfully like what Bus Vannin have!

So why we need a small army of directors, managers, engineers, schedulers........

There needs to be a fundamental rethink on how it is set-up, which doesn't involve Longworth, or any of his cronies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1