Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

24 minutes ago, Nellie said:

You would think that with Alf’s “Night of the Long Knives” in full swing, Longworth might be feeling a bit uncomfortable right now, but he’s such an arrogant twat.....

However, it is well known that he wants to be in charge for the Steam Railway’s 150th Birthday, next year, so he can show off to his mates. So there is a real opportunity for Crookall to put him under real pressure, then kick him out and spoil his party. 

Come on Tim. Everyone cut you a bit of slack when you took this job on. But the honeymoon is now over. It’s time show who is boss.

Needs to get the dust and cobwebs of the 'Cabbage' ! That will impress his mates for sure . 

Edited by Numbnuts

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Nearly, It was a vehicle leaving the Glen Duff Depot that was not turned off.

It was supposed to be removed before TT but it looks like it is now here to stay until the next loose chippings overcoat...............

Thanks both 👍🏻

42 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I would not want to bait my breath until this little lot is sorted it would be fatal 🤣

What would you bait your breath with and what would you be aiming to catch?

3 hours ago, Nellie said:

You would think that with Alf’s “Night of the Long Knives” in full swing, Longworth might be feeling a bit uncomfortable right now, but he’s such an arrogant twat.....

However, it is well known that he wants to be in charge for the Steam Railway’s 150th Birthday, next year, so he can show off to his mates. So there is a real opportunity for Crookall to put him under real pressure, then kick him out and spoil his party. 

Come on Tim. Everyone cut you a bit of slack when you took this job on. But the honeymoon is now over. It’s time show who is boss.

Hate to pop your balloon here but the minister spoke rather highly of him at a recent meeting. Apparently he increased passenger numbers a lot. Didn’t sound like a candidate for the chop to me. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Hate to pop your balloon here but the minister spoke rather highly of him at a recent meeting. Apparently he increased passenger numbers a lot. Didn’t sound like a candidate for the chop to me. 

Shame as he’s actually 100% a twat. 

40 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Well I guess if you buy shit loads of new buses , increase the routes and frequency and implement a on call mini bus system with shed loads of brand new mini buses its easy to see why. I would be more interested in the bottom line after all his alleged good practices. I'm sorry but I'm with the majority , he's a tool ! . And not even a useful one either.  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Is that an appropriate comment on a publicly accessible Internet forum from someone who was presumably in that meeting in their capacity as a representative of the mugged off rate payers of Douglas?

Is it appropriate to constantly make the same kind of negative comments against a person and organisation? I am for full transparency and better communication so the people paying for everything know what’s going on. You have a problem with that? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Thanks Ian.

Yes, I think people know that you’ve massaged passenger numbers by buying all those minibuses and counting the students, old folk, disabled etc who used to be moved around, quite efficiently, by different organisations, in your numbers.

But the fact remains, that you are very widely regarded as an arrogant and manipulative bully, and a generally unpleasant chap, all round. 

One of the problems which I suspect Alf Cannan is trying to address, is that senior posts in IOMG need to be held by more, shall we say ‘rounded’ individuals. People who are good at their job, but also have the wider skills to build effective relationships with, and generate respect from, all people, colleagues and stakeholders that they interact with. 

If you look in the mirror, I don’t think you’ll see someone who has achieved that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1