Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

24 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:
4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I had the pleasure of being on one driven by him recently.  He's not as good as he thinks he is.  But we knew that anyway.

I doubt you would be late.

People who know things on all 3 railways (steam, MER and Snaefell) have told me that he drives too fast. I met someone in England who knew Longworth, and one of the first things he said was that Longworth drives coaches too fast.

Whilst conductoring on the MER, with Longworth driving, on one trip on the downhill slope southbound from Bulgham I looked back at the passengers on the trailer - all I could see was the whites of their knuckles as they clung on and the tears streaming from their eyes from the jet-blast.

I suspect he is also a bit deaf. One one occasion I gave him the "emergency stop" bell several times but there was no response. So I walked to the front of the tram and tapped him on the shoulder and told him to stop. Fortunately it was just a missed stop and not a real emergency.

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I had the pleasure of being on one driven by him recently.  He's not as good as he thinks he is.  But we knew that anyway.

Did he fire Mrs Longworth out of the open door while going too fast round a corner? 

A little bit off topic - but sort of bus related.

I am trying to register a couple of Go Explore cards to use over TT with my mate.

We make full use of the busses, trains and trams to get us to pubs and back to save on beer scooter accidents.

I have used the same cards for about 5 years now, and to save the hassle of being grunted at by a government employee at the unwelcome centre - I thought I'd register them and 'top-up' online - quick and easy like.

You have to type the bloody card number into the webshite, check it and add your postcode within 100th of second or you get a lovely red box telling you that you have timed out.  Tried it several times now, and I can only get my timing down to 1 second from a click of the terms and conditions to putting in the card number.  I am being sneaky by cutting and pasting the number from 'notes'.

Fecking useless.

55 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

I have used the same cards for about 5 years now, and to save the hassle of being grunted at by a government employee at the unwelcome centre - I thought I'd register them and 'top-up' online - quick and easy like.

I find visiting the office easier than toping up-online. At least that way it credits immediately.

2 hours ago, x-in-man said:

I've always found the ladies in the Welcome Centre very helpful and pleasant. Perhaps it would be easier if you just gave them another chance! 

• Like 5