Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

3 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

That dangerous that they were sold to his mate in Blackpool for almost nothing and many of them are still running. 

Exactly. Almost every bus that Longworth has ever sold has gone on to be used elsewhere, in much harsher operating environments such as Blackpool, Nottingham, Reading, Cardiff, Bournemouth and others I've probably forgotten. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Exactly. Almost every bus that Longworth has ever sold has gone on to be used elsewhere, in much harsher operating environments such as Blackpool, Nottingham, Reading, Cardiff, Bournemouth and others I've probably forgotten. 

Malta

download (35).jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

And his mate Gary Kermode

Hardly any tradesmen left in this department  everyone  sick and tired of the   crass incompetence  of the so called management ,and their attitude , Mr Thomas has  a difficult job to sort  it out , but hopefully  someone has seen the light at last and is prepared to do something about it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bit sad that. I liked it when bus colours reflected the locality - Liverpool green, Manchester orange, Isle of Man red and cream. Everything's become bland and homogenised - even cars are all boring colours black, grey/silver, dark blue or white.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

NPM reporting that DOI have recruited a morale officer to improve, well, morale. 

I hope it's the pary bus driver because at least can drive a bus when things go awry.

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I had a boss one who used to DEMAND camaraderie in our department. She's probably still doing it..

I used to shudder whenever I heard the word "wellbeing". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I had a boss one who used to DEMAND camaraderie in our department. She's probably still doing it..

21 minutes ago, Declan said:

I used to shudder whenever I heard the word "wellbeing". 

The classic "We are all going to complete an online wellbeing and mental health awareness course - but you can't do it in work time and will have to complete it in your own time" 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Last Ten said:

Alf seems to be having a bloody good cull at present, who's next in his long list of meglomaniac civil servants??

I'd suggest getting rid of the whole department and putting either St Mary's infant School or Braddan infant school in as interim workers - you'd be surprised how service levels would improve...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1