Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Despite the contingency arrangement timetable saying the 3/3A 20:10 from Ramsey is unaffected it hadn’t appeared from Ramsey at 20:30, if it appeared at all. Seems like a bit of a lottery.

The bus service used to be so reliable.

Maybe in these troubled time people should resort to hitch hiking. 
I would certainly be more responsive to giving a lift to those holding out a thumb.

Quite, there were 2 buses from Port Erin that didn't show up between 4 and 5.30 this afternoon. Luckily I didn't need to be anywhere in a hurry lol.

Had a issue with no shows of buses on the Prom tonight. Couldn't get through for a taxi , well lets get a bus , number 2 along the Prom supposed to arrive Queens Prom at 10 11. No show , oh well ,there's  another at 10 30 , wrong ! no show . Next at 10 56 which did arrive. A couple of visitors stopped to ask me what was happening with the buses as they had heard there not very good currently. Can't argue with that there not.  Middle of the year , revised timetable and still buses not arriving . 

Edited by Numbnuts

But Tim Crookall "believes that..."

Never forget that, it will be his epitaph at the next election. After he's spent his time "believing" and "hoping" in DfE as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Maybe in these troubled time people should resort to hitch hiking. 
I would certainly be more responsive to giving a lift to those holding out a thumb.

I’ve stopped for quite a few, since I had covid in April and no longer needed to be fearful of it. All so far have offered money which I refuse because I’m not for hire or reward but I’ve no doubt there will be others making money out of them.

8 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Had a issue with no shows of buses on the Prom tonight. Couldn't get through for a taxi , well lets get a bus , number 2 along the Prom supposed to arrive Queens Prom at 10 11. No show , oh well ,there's  another at 10 30 , wrong ! no show . Next at 10 56 which did arrive. A couple of visitors stopped to ask me what was happening with the buses as they had heard there not very good currently. Can't argue with that there not.  Middle of the year , revised timetable and still buses not arriving . 

I doubt they up dated the timetables at the stops yet with the contingency timetable. There's also been cancelation still. Suggest that you check their facebook and also try findmybus which should show you if there's a bus o the road.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Declan said:

I doubt they up dated the timetables at the stops yet with the contingency timetable. There's also been cancelation still. Suggest that you check their facebook and also try findmybus which should show you if there's a bus o the road.

Timetable said it was the updated one though. 

3 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Timetable said it was the updated one though. 

That's surprisingly efficient of them. Next they need to run buses to the timetable. They did announce a couple of cancellations last night - quite late.

• Sad 1