Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

17 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

First day of the so-called new timetable and they're cancelling services left right and centre.

Screenshot_20220509-145117_Facebook.jpg

It's clearly all the same service, probably a driver who's been on since 5 or 6 am telling them they can't extend their hours.   It does shows there's no slack in the system though.

The only surprise is that they've bothered to put it on Facebook, if anyone can find it among all the dining car ads.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

1 bus cancelled - get over yourself

Well according to the response from Crookall to a question from Moorhouse (who else?) in last week's Keys:

[... I am told there were a total of 77 scheduled bus services cancelled over the month of April 2022, which represents less than 0.8% of our scheduled services and 421 school journeys.

In common with many businesses on the Island, we have suffered higher than normal levels of staff shortages over recent months. The cancellations were due to staff shortages and no bus 690 services were cancelled due to any other operational constraints. I can also confirm that no school services were affected.

Though I'm not use how they are counting 'services' - ie if the cancellation above counts as 4 or 1.

1 hour ago, Declan said:

And for most passengers it will mean a 15 minute wait for an alternative. Although that might be over full leaving Douglas. 

If the senior clowns at the circus had had their way with Bendy Buses, they could have had 40% more passenger capacity and less drivers 🤔🤣 

I suspect he is already in the ear of Dim Crookall😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

If the senior clowns at the circus had had their way with Bendy Buses, they could have had 40% more passenger capacity and less drivers

I am a little amused that buses these days have warning signs in bright red lettering telling passengers not to stand up while the bus is in motion, because that would be dangerous.

10 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

If the senior clowns at the circus had had their way with Bendy Buses, they could have had 40% more passenger capacity and less drivers 🤔🤣 

Except, the supply of reasonably youthful, cheap, artics that was around 10 years ago no longer exists. 

11 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

Presumably finding plenty of room between it and the other one....

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

I was behind a bus coming into the ridiculous Castletown Square route today. Following a bendy would have been hilarious. 

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well according to the response from Crookall to a question from Moorhouse (who else?) in last week's Keys:

[... I am told there were a total of 77 scheduled bus services cancelled over the month of April 2022, which represents less than 0.8% of our scheduled services and 421 school journeys.

In common with many businesses on the Island, we have suffered higher than normal levels of staff shortages over recent months. The cancellations were due to staff shortages and no bus 690 services were cancelled due to any other operational constraints. I can also confirm that no school services were affected.

Though I'm not use how they are counting 'services' - ie if the cancellation above counts as 4 or 1.

Pity the answer wasn't so vague. As you state, is it one bus = 3 routes or three buses etc etc

41 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Except, the supply of reasonably youthful, cheap, artics that was around 10 years ago no longer exists. 

What happened to the ones they purchased? Stored in a hangar up at Jurby as of 5 years ago...