Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

2 hours ago, Declan said:

And for most passengers it will mean a 15 minute wait for an alternative. Although that might be over full leaving Douglas. 

Inconvenience maybe but hardly life threatening. There does seem to be a fair few learners out and about, let's see how long they last

Edited by Passing Time
Stoopid autocorrect
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Inconvenience maybe but hardly life threatening. They do seem to be a fair few learners out and about, let's see how long they last

It’s £10 an hour and zero hours. You can get £13 an hour working in B&Q. 

Just now, Passing Time said:

Whilst Bus Vannin appear to be recruiting, are B&Q?

B&Q have a huge sign up in the foyer. I was in there today. It says they’re paying £13 an hour for retail staff if anyone wants to apply.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

B&Q have a huge sign up in the foyer. I was in there today. It says they’re paying £13 an hour for retail staff if anyone wants to apply.

I believe what you are telling me but I know of a couple of people who have applied for a job up there (over 3 weeks ago) and still not heard back from them

Just now, Passing Time said:

I believe what you are telling me but I know of a couple of people who have applied for a job up there (over 3 weeks ago) and still not heard back from them

What does that have to do with anything? There’s a huge big sign at the front door asking for people to apply. 

Just now, Bandits said:

What does that have to do with anything? There’s a huge big sign at the front door asking for people to apply. 

It actually has a lot to do with it. What's the point in advertising for staff then not having the decency to acknowledge applications

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

What happened to the ones they purchased? Stored in a hangar up at Jurby as of 5 years ago...

I'm fairly certain they were supposed to be on spec from Mercedes (yes them again) and the trial was as unsuccessful as everyone predicted.  Though it wouldn't surprise me if Longworth had entered into some sort of legal agreement with the vendor and we had to pay them off.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm fairly certain they were supposed to be on spec from Mercedes (yes them again) and the trial was as unsuccessful as everyone predicted.  Though it wouldn't surprise me if Longworth had entered into some sort of legal agreement with the vendor and we had to pay them off.

I believe a couple of areas were problematic for them. Turning down Banks Hill, going through Castletown and any of the housing estates. Other than that, they were perfect...

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

I am a little amused that buses these days have warning signs in bright red lettering telling passengers not to stand up while the bus is in motion, because that would be dangerous.

Not quite sure why that would amuse you, if only a little.

I  have seen  these signs on the buses asking people to remain seated until the bus has come to a stop which seems perfectly reasonable to me.
There is no mention of any danger on these signs. I think you’re being a little over dramatic to be honest.

Edited by The Voice of Reason