Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

On 7/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, 0bserver said:

As much as I am suspicious of a lot that goes on at Banks Circus, I don't believe this claim to be true. 

It is true. Or at least it historically was true when he first came here. You might also find that his brother was also the broker/supplier the old buses that got sold off on the cheap to Blackpool and other town fleets went through not long after he first started. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Apparently theres a conference on with loads over from all different countries and all transported around be buses . 

Will find more details ..

Interesting thanks.  I find it ironic that we hold multiple climate conferences and fly people in from all over the place.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kevster said:

Pretty sure its not this one. Drawing a blank currently on any more details. My friend had people in his shop on Monday from Moldova I think he said . Spread out all over the Island some even staying at Sefton Express. Cant get in touch with friend currently 

Found it. This one 

Managed to get hold of my friend and this is it. 

Apparently there's 5 people in a team plus manager and who knows , maybe supporters etc.and not forgetting the bus drivers !! 

Each year, teams of young linguists from around the world gather and test their minds against the world's toughest puzzles in language and linguistics. The IOL is one of twelve International Science Olympiads, and has been held annually since 2003.

Edited by Numbnuts

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Aye.. you can see why they were in a rush to fix the damage to the cables etc up at the Liverpool Arms

Except that one is about steam lines only. Won’t be going anywhere near Baldrine.

There was an electric railway festival last week. They had to reschedule tram trips to SMR and Laxey Ramsey. There were refund offers to the disappointed.