Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

14 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Two minutes after I posted.  Fast work @Chris Thomas.

(Obviously it's not 'next week' but from this Wednesday when the schools go fully back).

It's also not a return to the previous timetable as the Southern routes remain at three an hour.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

May I suggest Jersey is nice at this time of year - you can’t stop twitching the curtains

Just returned from a week’s holiday, very good 😀 government have got excellent deal for energy from France at cheap fixed price, taxes reduced so public happy!!

21 hours ago, Bandits said:

I think you’ll find that “working elsewhere” actually means “Doing less zero hours work for us as he’s getting more pay allocating his time elsewhere to a better paying ZHC employer” which anyone on zero hours contracts is perfectly free to do. They aren’t exclusive employment contracts and likely a lot of the shortages are down to this where people getting £10 an hour driving a bus might be able to get £12.50 an hour working in B&Q or anywhere else and so are turning down some of the hours that BV offer them because why would you work for less than you can get anywhere else if you don’t have to? 

Yes how dare they accept working for nothing. I believe some of the drivers like doing the early and lates and then get a better paid job during in normal working hours. Which makes sense. 

9 hours ago, Bandits said:Honestly can’t believe how this absolute clown manages to get his own way. 

By the old classic: Speak with authority and stupid people (Cregeen, Crookall, Black, CoMin, Procurement Dept., Work Permits, Treasury etc) will believe the yarn you spin!

Unfortunately, he has cost us a feckin fortune and ruined a few (drivers) lives in the process!

He should never have been employed, but he was more savvy than his predecessors - which wasn’t difficult.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1