Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

50 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Getting to you though!!!

It’s not getting to me at all. I looked at all his back posts and 90% of It seems to be pathetic trolling and point scoring. So I doubt anyone would take it personally at all. 

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

I think it was Banker that has spotted new drivers being taken around the routes there have been quite a few around Onchan so hopefully the problem will be resolved.

How long will they last for is the question, a few weeks before TT is also a terrible time to send out inexperienced drivers, it will certainly sort the wheat from the chaff.

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

It’s not getting to me at all. I looked at all his back posts and 90% of It seems to be pathetic trolling and point scoring. So I doubt anyone would take it personally at all. 

90%…So as well as posting shite “facts” you are also rubbish at maths. Says it all really

Are there any hours "safety restrictions" on driving on the Island though?

I remember years ago the proposed legislation for tachograph fitment in local HGV being thrown out on the grounds that Island drivers didn't do the hours or distances that their UK cousins did and therefore was no requirement for it. Has anything changed since then and are the requirements for PSV now or still the same? Genuine questions.

Bendy buses do have seats and I always though they were one of ILs better ideas. 

Their turning radius is fine, every mountain ski resort I have been to has used them as ski buses and they go up very tight hairpin strewn roads.

I am not sure but having seen the way the big single deck merc buses swing out their rear ends there maybe a chance that the bendy buses actually can turn sharper corners than single deck buses.

What I don't understand though is why we have not got a fleet of double deck buses and none of those huge single deck buses, anyone know why? The double deck bus is very suited to narrow sharp corner roads, the big single deck buses are not.

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Are there any hours "safety restrictions" on driving on the Island though?

I remember years ago the proposed legislation for tachograph fitment in local HGV being thrown out on the grounds that Island drivers didn't do the hours or distances that their UK cousins did and therefore was no requirement for it. Has anything changed since then and are the requirements for PSV now or still the same? Genuine questions.

They said they’d start doing random stop checks/road side inspections when they brought in carriers licences but that hasn’t happened and I still see people smoking in company vehicles every day which is something else that’s never been enforced.

You don’t even need a current medical as a HGV driver (you do for PSV) , I’m almost certain some would fail on medical grounds.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Bendy buses do have seats and I always though they were one of ILs better ideas. 

Their turning radius is fine, every mountain ski resort I have been to has used them as ski buses and they go up very tight hairpin strewn roads.

I am not sure but having seen the way the big single deck merc buses swing out their rear ends there maybe a chance that the bendy buses actually can turn sharper corners than single deck buses.

What I don't understand though is why we have not got a fleet of double deck buses and none of those huge single deck buses, anyone know why? The double deck bus is very suited to narrow sharp corner roads, the big single deck buses are not.

What was the end result of testing these on Island roads?

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

They said they’d start doing random stop checks/road side inspections when they brought in carriers licences but that hasn’t happened and I still see people smoking in company vehicles every day which is something else that’s never been enforced.

You don’t even need a current medical as a HGV driver (you do for PSV) , I’m almost certain some would fail on medical grounds.

I saw a copper vaping whilst driving a police van a couple of weeks ago, not the best look!

19 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

What was the end result of testing these on Island roads?

A number of vehicle fires if my memory serves me...?

• Like 1