Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

You do occasionally see dogs on the bus, but it's the first I knew that people had to pay for them - I thought they just counted as baggage.  But IOM Newspapers may have got the figures wrong as according to the application form:

image.png.ff580e4146c518190e05b263b242789c.png

It's only £20 for the bus and £5 for rail.

(I think my favourite bit is asking for the dog's surname).

Presumably some people who travel on a pass asked if they could have one for their pooch as well rather than digging out 30p each time.

I'm suprised they haven't asked what sex does the dog identify as. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Declan said:

The dog would need to make 100 trips for the pass to save it's owner money. 

And they can't even share the pass because of the photo ID, which I suppose will make it easier for the dog to open a bank account. 

Barking up the wrong tree matey. They need a photo so as to count towards the census count. Proof we are marching towards the magic 100,000.  They will become a member of the household (hence why they need a surname).

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

You do occasionally see dogs on the bus, but it's the first I knew that people had to pay for them - I thought they just counted as baggage.  But IOM Newspapers may have got the figures wrong as according to the application form:

Presumably some people who travel on a pass asked if they could have one for their pooch as well rather than digging out 30p each time.

That is seriously the stupidest government form I’ve seen in a long time. Dogs date of birth? Is that in case it’s over 65 in equivalent dog years and a special senior citizen dog rate might apply? Dogs surname and email? 

This is a company that can’t provide services to actual people but which can spend an inordinate amount of time making up processes for dogs. Add this to the list of stupidest things from 2022. It’s a strong contender? 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

That is seriously the stupidest government form I’ve seen in a long time. Dogs date of birth? Is that in case it’s over 65 in equivalent dog years and a special senior citizen dog rate might apply? Dogs surname and email? 

I can't decide if the whole thing is insanely bureaucratic or insanely cutesy.  Possibly both.

(It's clearly the owner's email, but you just know it's going to be used by people whose dog has their own Facebook account).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It’s the fact that they remind you it’s a photo of your Dog they need 3 times, and in bold, that tickles me.

Surely though, from a time, labour and card fees perspective, the 30p fare can’t be worth any meagre income it brings anyway. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It’s the fact that they remind you it’s a photo of your Dog they need 3 times, and in bold, that tickles me.

Surely though, from a time, labour and card fees perspective, the 30p fare can’t be worth any meagre income it brings anyway. 

Is it April 1st?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

But the prices only seem to be for Adults, so puppies must still be free.

At what age does a dog become adult? Hence the need for its date of birth?

Clarkson's Militant Dog Walker get the bus with a pooch in a pram.