Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

You may be overestimating their foresight.  I think it was more "Let's throw something together that looks as if were doing something without actually doing anything much".  Hence the way they forgot to do anything about the Go Cards till it was pointed out to them. 

Forgetting to announce what was happening to the scheme would be typical as well.  Though it's possible that are wrangling with Treasury for more money, even then they should say something.

Don't be too harsh on them. They were busy innovating go cards for dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Banker said:

Bloody hell, that’s radical!! The southerners were up in arms when they proposed changing from 4 an hour to 3 !!!

For PSM it meant 1 per hour because they didn't think it through.

You used to get to PSM via Gansey to PSM harbour twice an hour now reduced to once an hour. Alternatively go via Colby and PE and then via PSM on the way to back to Douglas. Takes longer but you get there.

So you could say there are now two buses to PSM per hour. Only some Brain of Britain figured out that if you schedule them a certain way the bus going South to PE arrives in PSM within 1 minute of the bus from PE arriving in PSM that is going North to Douglas...!

Gain = nil.

Sheer crass stupidity...

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Don't be too harsh on them. They were busy innovating go cards for dogs.

But those Go Cards take £5 a time for IOM Transport - think of the money they're making from it. 

Admittedly they cost £10 each to make[1] but it's a bit late to start setting costs against earnings now.

(The cards also only apply to the railways anyway, people still have to pay 30p a journey[2] on the bus)

[1]  Or at least replacement Go Cards of any sort are charged at £10 each.

[2]  They can manage fare-capping for some things.

34 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm on a bus, castletown to douglas, £2 for me, £1.40 for the nipper. Crazy they didn't cap the kids one as well. Mean really. Also, it's a bloody single decker. That's mean too.

They should have put it to half bus price fares for all rather than capping them.

47 minutes ago, Declan said:

@GizoIt's not losing anything. It's a public service that comes at a cost.

Sorry I agree. Poorly worded. I’m grateful of the £2 cap. 
Gotta say though, using the findmybus when you click on the link for timetable it’s goes to page not found. Typical.