Bus Vannin in Crisis

0bserver

Surely this is a case of false imprisonment as the driver failed to check his vehicle before locking up rather than criminal damage

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/man-smashes-way-out-of-bus-after-being-accidentally-locked-onboard/

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Surely this is a case of false imprisonment as the driver failed to check his vehicle before locking up rather than criminal damage

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/man-smashes-way-out-of-bus-after-being-accidentally-locked-onboard/

Where does anyone, apart from you, mention 'criminal damage'? 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 11:43 PM, woolley said:

I can understand why the trade wouldn't agree, of course, but I've never been in a taxi that took me on an odyssey all around the North of the Island picking other characters up before taking me into town. Are ring and ride services across considered to be private hire taxis?

Same with that completely ridiculous BV service for the patients flight passengers that I think starts somewhere near Smeale at half past two in the morning, and goes down every road in the Island before rocking up at Ronaldsway hours later. Then they have to do the reverse process to get home. Some of the poor old buggers enduring this farce are 90 and ill. Almost 24 hours travelling for a 10 minute appointment in Liverpool rather than DHSC fund a taxi. Considering the government waste elsewhere, it's quite outrageous.

At least there is a free service here.  In the UK  you are supposed to make your own way to the hospital. 😞

34 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Where does anyone, apart from you, mention 'criminal damage'? 

The use of “smashes” and the fact that the bus is out of service until the window is repaired hints at damage.

But it wouldn’t be false imprisonment. Whatever else it might be.

Was it Juan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

He filmed himself and it’s all over social media.  He is hardly trying to keep it secret, and also want bright enough to use the phone in his hand to call someone 

and some aren't bright enough to realise i'm taking the piss out of cueey  🙄

• Haha 1

Who should he have phoned? His wife? - I doubt that would have gone down too well.

Him - "I'm locked in a bus at the bus station. Bring a pair of bolt cutters and an angle grinder"

Wife - "expletive deleted"

I suppose the police would be an option, but as far as I can tell the UK 101 non-emergency number does not work here.

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Who should he have phoned? His wife? - I doubt that would have gone down too well.

Him - "I'm locked in a bus at the bus station. Bring a pair of bolt cutters and an angle grinder"

Wife - "expletive deleted"

I suppose the police would be an option, but as far as I can tell the UK 101 non-emergency number does not work here.

Anyone on his contacts would have got the wheels in motion. And if he really had a brain he’d know who was his best option would be. Dim !! 

• Like 2