Covid support scheme results go live

Bandits

2 hours ago, Fysseree said:

It's alright. He's vomiting it all over the Manx Radio comments section on Facebook as we speak. 

Very unedifying, for a senior politician to be using social media to conduct himself. He should be addressing his rebuttals to the voters and taxpayers. Whatever comes out of Ashies mouth I don’t believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

Very unedifying, for a senior politician to be using social media to conduct himself. He should be addressing his rebuttals to the voters and taxpayers. Whatever comes out of Ashies mouth I don’t believe.

It’s more than unedifying. Reading those comments you have to wonder if he had a bit of the old vino last night. His clearly mental mate isn’t helping him either.

It’s really rather galling, that Ashie had the temerity to take a salary for another job, especially when many people on the island couldn’t claim or were rejected outright. Being a politician has obviously been Ashies greatest career move, great for someone with great redeeming features and zero personality. 

As I said before, this ‘register’ will throw out more unpleasant surprises before long. 

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s really rather galling, that Ashie had the temerity to take a salary for another job, especially when many people on the island couldn’t claim or were rejected outright. Being a politician has obviously been Ashies greatest career move, great for someone with great redeeming features and zero personality. 

As I said before, this ‘register’ will throw out more unpleasant surprises before long. 

On the MR FB debate, he says he didn't receive the salary during Covid.  He had explained what it was for and how much. I can't find that now, but from memory it was for some bookkeeping  and was a relatively small amount.  

I am not sure it is the whiffy arrangement some think it is.  Sounded like he was doing the  company a bit of a favour. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

On the MR FB debate, he says he didn't receive the salary during Covid.  He had explained what it was for and how much. I can't find that now, but from memory it was for some bookkeeping  and was a relatively small amount.  

I am not sure it is the whiffy arrangement some think it is.  Sounded like he was doing the  company a bit of a favour. 

Yes it was book keeping, Ashie should have just done the press statement & left it at that & ask any of his constituents to contact him directly if they had concerns 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Depends on the definition of whiffy. It quite clearly states he was a director, he attests otherwise.

Screenshot_2022-05-07-08-55-13-99_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is he that skint? A decent salary but yet he needs another job. He should focus on the day job, not sidelines. Even if he was helping them out by doing some work and receiving a salary, some would say that he was involved with the business, regardless of whether he was a director or not.

Edited by 2112

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Is he that skint? A decent salary but yet he needs another job. He should focus on the day job, not sidelines. 

Well, yes, but that isn’t what is being debated now.  As I said, it sounded like he was doing them a favour and he said he did the work in his own time at weekends. I am no fan of Ashie, but this looks like it is a bit of a sideshow really.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cissolt said:

Both I believe.  Gradely received £42k and Walkabout received £51k

And he says he didn't receive a salary from Gradely, and is no longer a director of Walkabout, since 2018.  Not sure where the issue is really. 

• Like 2