Covid support scheme results go live

Bandits

11 hours ago, 2112 said:

Very unedifying, for a senior politician to be using social media to conduct himself. He should be addressing his rebuttals to the voters and taxpayers. Whatever comes out of Ashies mouth I don’t believe.

when did he start doing rebuttals ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Is he that skint? A decent salary but yet he needs another job. He should focus on the day job, not sidelines. Even if he was helping them out by doing some work and receiving a salary, some would say that he was involved with the business, regardless of whether he was a director or not.

Yes that’s what makes it look odd. If the Treasury Minister is that skint that he needs a part time job with a pub what is going on? I see on Facebook he is now claiming that he didn’t get paid. Well I suppose we only have his word for that. And that seems to be only after someone pointed out that covid salary relief is for .. paying salaries (which he claimed he was being paid in his register disclosure). 

34 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Yes that’s what makes it look odd. If the Treasury Minister is that skint that he needs a part time job with a pub what is going on? I see on Facebook he is now claiming that he didn’t get paid. Well I suppose we only have his word for that. And that seems to be only after someone pointed out that covid salary relief is for .. paying salaries (which he claimed he was being paid in his register disclosure). 

Perhaps it’s paying for his 3 piece suites he likes to wear. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Bandits said:

It is a simple thing to check whether he was paid during the Covid support period.  He said he wasn't and it doesn't seem like he needed the job, just that he was doing it to help.  Possibly it was part of his full time job that he continued after he ceased full time employment rather than them outsourcing to an accountant or engaging another person.

Of all the questionable things that have happened,  this isn’t one I could be arsed getting bothered about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandits said:

Must've shredded the payslips!

• Haha 5

From my memory, which is not what it was, I seem to remember that the SSS was only available to direct, proper employees, not casual "self" employed people* 

By that I mean a person who the employer pays an employers NI payment, and takes ITIP out of their weekly/ monthly wages. It did not matter if the employee was on a fixed salary or was paid by the hour, they had to be on the government online setup to get the £280? was it? per week SSS payment

* I also remember that the so called "self" employed were the type that got bugger all as they were off the books so to speak. The island has a large amount of people working this way thinking they are giving it to the system when in reality all they are doing is making the person/ company that pays them rich and taking on far more liabilities than they are aware of 

Again this all boils down to why some MHK's where named in the FOI by Allison and DfE , why some were not. It looks like DfE members must have agreed a list of names and companies for political reason more than professional and contractual reasons. David Ashford was right and the correct Information was published for what the FOI asked, but this courtesy wasn't afford to all of the members named. Andrew Smith as a shareholder of the sefton is no different than David.                                                              With so few MHK's on the FOI, why was it so difficult for Allison and DfE members to get this right. The only  answer can be Political shenanigans.

https://iom.icasework.com/servlet/servlets.getImg?ref=1349321&bin=Y&auth=0&db=ZVD1ZPdIGvo%3D&access_token=PHPhyg8dxsTsPmQR3QhoiLnJZo-zJWju4VEnUQqLcp33nNI_hbSnyBTOCdztB554.yqjvxCKKVt3gUXOOkyrnzA%3D%3D

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Holte End said:

Again this all boils down to why some MHK's where named in the FOI by Allison and DfE , why some were not. It looks like DfE members must have agreed a list of names and companies for political reason more than professional and contractual reasons.

I agree with you here. It was likely just a childish smear campaign that has now bitten Ashford on the arse. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...