Covid support scheme results go live

Bandits

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Looks like Nunnery, Castletown Golf Links and a few others. Imagine there's some employees across those two alone.

Vermuelan owns the Nunnery, Golf Links amongst other assets presumably via companies 

18 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair he seems more annoyed at the delay and that they failed to keep him informed, though he seems to have missed the announcements of their trying to pre-empt his FoI.  He will know that they usually publish the results though - he's put in enough over the years.  In fact the main problem is that sometimes politically sensitive stuff doesn't get publicly displayed (you see this particularly when they lose appeals) and the recipient has to do so themself.  

I pointed out back in January that the Information Commissioner's decision making them release the details of the payments Quayle received also implied that all other grants should be published as well.  So this was inevitable and even the UK Government (not known for being adverse to helping out the 'right' people) has regularly published details of all their support.

There is something of an irony that someone seeking freedom of information is carping because they were not made privy to that information before the public. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Why? 

Really, why?

Because . . . because . .  ah forget it. I have to assume you are one of these self-proclaimed "Mr Excel" experts who produces a spreadsheet for such as the office squash ladder etc.

15 hours ago, Banker said:

Vermuelan owns the Nunnery, Golf Links amongst other assets presumably via companies 

I thought IOMG bought the Nunnery, or is it leased?  I have to say, it is a lovely spot, the grounds are beautiful, pity it is not used more by the public. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

I thought IOMG bought the Nunnery, or is it leased?  I have to say, it is a lovely spot, the grounds are beautiful, pity it is not used more by the public. 

The govt sold to a local consortium that turned out to involve a property developer i seem to recall.  They even snagged some prime real estate for peanuts!

So Quayle, Baker and Skally broke the ministerial code by not excusing themselves from ministers' meetings where business support schemes were being discussed despite declaring conflicts based on their private business interests. Skally even chaired a meeting despite previously declaring his interests.

At one meeting, then Home Affairs minister Cregeen advised that his relations "might also benefit from self-employed business support" yet remained in the room while matters were discussed.

Well, one rule for us, an'that. 

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, quilp said:

So Quayle, Baker and Skally broke the ministerial code by not excusing themselves from ministers' meetings where business support schemes were being discussed despite declaring conflicts based on their private business interests. Skally even chaired a meeting despite previously declaring his interests.

At one meeting, then Home Affairs minister Cregeen advised that his relations "might also benefit from self-employed business support" yet remained in the room while matters were discussed.

Well, one rule for us, an'that. 

From what I've heard, Skelly has a track record in recent years for breaching ministerial code and getting away with it.

But hey-ho. Make him Chief wig wearer instead.

• Like 1