Covid support scheme results go live

Bandits

30 minutes ago, Bandits said:

That said it is declared on the register so why was his link not published in the original one about MHKs businesses? 

Politicians lie. 

Data doesn't.

We don't have any quality data-driven journalists who check the data they're given on an FOI.

Edited by Fysseree
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fysseree said:

Politicians lie. 

Data doesn't.

I just remember that original announcement being totally unfair. They named Michelle Hayward and Clare Christian who weren't even MHKs at the time the first grants were paid out and they wrongly named Julie Edge as a recipient. But it seems they “forgot” about naming a link to the man who was actually at Treasury who approved the loans and who was the health minister who shut the bloody economy down in the first place requiring everyone to need to survive on grants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

The register is here

https://www.tynwald.org.im/memoff/interest/Lists/Interests/AllItems.aspx

But sorry yes just read the Manx Radio story here:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ashford-not-an-interested-party-in-company-that-received-covid-support/

If you’re paid a salary then yes I’d expect it to be declared too.  He has actually had his interest in Walkabout removed from the register in 2018 though. How can you not have an interest in a company (Gradely) if it’s actually paying you? That said it is declared on the register so why was his link not published in the original one about MHKs businesses? 

He has shares in Lloyd's, but isn’t a shareholder, apparently. 

More intriguingly, he is an employee of Gradely (if I picked that up correctly) and receives a fixed amount.  So what does he do to receive a salary?

Will listen again, because it isn't clear. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

More intriguingly, he is an employee of Gradely (if I picked that up correctly) and receives a fixed amount.  So what does he do to receive a salary?

He declared 334 shares which closed today at 44p so that’s less than 150 quids worth of shares. That’s a fair question though what does the Treasury Minister do for Gradely to justify a salary? And more importantly why would grants made to Gradely not be linked to him as he has actually declared the interest on the members register. Sounds to me like the original leak was political and they ‘forgot’ that the same rules applied to Ashford. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That's the million dollar question.  And where has the sound bite come from?

Surely a pub quiz master isn't salaried?  That's assuming that only one of Gradley or walkabout are trading as the outback.

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

He declared 334 shares which closed today at 44p so that’s less than 150 quids worth of shares. That’s a fair question though what does the Treasury Minister do for Gradely to justify a salary? And more importantly why would grants made to Gradely not be linked to him as he has actually declared the interest on the members register. Sounds to me like the original leak was political and they ‘forgot’ that the same rules applied to Ashford. 

The amount of Lloyd's shares is irrelevant, he said he holds shares but isn't a shareholder.  He also waffled about related party, which didn't inspire confidence that he actually understood what it meant.

He is in charge of the money, FFS.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Or Warren Buffet?

He’s probably paid to run the Warren Buffett at the Outback. Only £10.50 for Sunday lunch. All you can eat. Free fuel vouchers for the over 60s. 

Edited by Bandits

2 hours ago, Fysseree said:

The total across all schemes for just Pepsi Max Bowl is £138,415.51. 

How the feck do they justify that?