Pulrose Bridge

Bandits

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’ve travelled bits of the A21. It’ll be a useful route when (if)completed.

The penultimate section opens next month.

The final section is paused. The N240 it replaces is OK. It’s taken 17 years. Lots of infrastructure programmes in Spain were put on hold/delayed after 2008.

The Struma motorway in Bulgaria is the same. Going from Sofia to the Greek border at Kulata, part of the EU E79 corridor, has advanced at snails pace. Odd sections, completed but inaccessible and others terminating in a roundabout exit with a gravel track connecting to the original route. 15 km left to tunnel at Kresna.

Its not an EU, or recent, thing. The first motorways in England were a bit like that. M6 Preston by pass, M6 Lancaster by pass, M180 before the Humber Bridge. There were spur/slip road/flyover intended to the A57(M)/A635(M) ( Mancunian Way ) at its A34 and A6, London Road, junctions, that was exactly like that one in Capetown, for 40 years. The one at the A34 was demolished in 2018. The other, A6/London Road, one went several years before that.

2694E5FB-DB1F-476A-990D-0C29A125DD71.jpeg

Pulrose Bridge is certainly in illustrious company then🤣

last time I was in  the Spanish Islands and there were dozens of new roads , that literally  went no where,  some with street  lighting  I guess they were planning for the next property boom  and didn't want to miss out on the golden handshake from the EU development funding ,  all I can see at Pulrose bridge is money wasted  on a silly cycle route that will hardly be used , and gridlock when ever the bus stops  at the KG5 park , 

• Like 1