Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

i expect a moderator to wave their wand and make this thread disappear as the establishment won't like it.

Really? I hope not. My intention is to find how other people think as my MHK said that quite a few people had got in touch to make their views known in advance of Tynwald tomorrow. 

I agree with most of the questions. I wasn’t a fan of him receiving the MBE as I felt he didn’t deserve the honour, and there are many honourable and deserving members of the Manx Community who have dedicated themselves within serving the public or charitable activities, quietly and without fanfare, without receiving official recognition. He should keep his honour, but it would help if he does the honourable deed and falls on his sword. In resignation he would retain an air of dignity, and there is less of a chance of any further actions being specifically aimed at him. By not resigning almost daily questions, comments and possibly new allegations could arise which may paralyse Manx Care and the Department of Health and Social Care.

A good question that could be asked is if there wasn’t a pandemic, would the DHSC be in the state it is in? I think it would be the same outcome, due to cultural and other issues within the department and IOMG as a whole. Backstabbing and Clashes of Personalities and Egos haven’t helped either, both with the Civil Service and Egotistical Politicos either, past and present with a ‘I’m right, your wrong mentality’.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ashford should not only resign from the treasury, he should resign as an MHK so a bye election can be called. Without delay.

He should then hang his head in shame and never hold any public office ever again, nor any other position in the public arena. 

He's a national embarrassment.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2bees said:

My MHK is one of the few (if not the only one) backing the people and calling this shyster out on his deception and incompetence. Dracula wants you for a moon beam ashen one...

I would like Ashie to be given the opportunity to resign honourably by CM Cannan. If he refuses then CM Cannan needs to show leadership and sack him, and reshuffle his deckchairs with Ashie on the Backbenchs. As they say, he is the story. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Ashford should not only resign from the treasury, he should resign as an MHK so a bye election can be called. Without delay.

He should then hang his head in shame and never hold any public office ever again, nor any other position in the public arena. 

He's a national embarrassment.

By resigning he would and could be given the opportunity to make amends, show MEA culpa and eat generous helping of humble pie. If he resigned his Douglas North seat, perhaps he could go back to project manager or being a consultant (no shortage of IOMG work), and maybe the voters will vote him back onto the council. I’m sure the chewing gum removal machine will be pleased to see him again.

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I would like Ashie to be given the opportunity to resign honourably by CM Cannan. If he refuses then CM Cannan needs to show leadership and sack him, and reshuffle his deckchairs with Ashie on the Backbenchs. As they say, he is history. 

fixed

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

By resigning he would and could be given the opportunity to make amends, show MEA culpa and eat generous helping of humble pie. If he resigned his Douglas North seat, perhaps he could go back to project manager or being a consultant (no shortage of IOMG work), and maybe the voters will vote him back onto the council. I’m sure the chewing gum removal machine will be pleased to see him again.

Sod that. He's shown himself to be an untrustworthy liar and an incompetent buffoon.

He should not be permitted near any public office, nor should he get paid for any consultancy work or project management in the public sector.

He represents all that is wrong and toxic in IOMG as well as the civil service. He needs to go, full stop.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Sod that. He's shown himself to be an untrustworthy liar and an incompetent buffoon.

He should not be permitted near any public office, nor should he get paid for any consultancy work or project management in the public sector.

He represents all that is wrong and toxic in IOMG as well as the civil service. He needs to go, full stop.

Agreed.  He has shown he is untrustworthy and puts his own interests above that of the people.

Ashford may be the fall guy, but Will Greenhow and the reverred Sir Jonathan failed to even provide a witness statement, even though both featured heavily.

• Like 4