Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Shut down Joney Faragher as well. Utter joke.

In summary it's all the civil services fault don't blame CoMin.

Well, here are the OHR list of Roles and Statutory Functions: https://hr.gov.im/about-us/public-services-commission/

No mention about accountability to the GMT.

These are currently a one-way ticket to misdaventure without impunity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Not to matters that are sub judice. 

Ahh ..... 'sub judice'.
Bonzo has just been on Mannnin LIne pointing out that sub-judice was defined in Tynwald some years ago and has a different meaning in Tynwald than it does in Westminster and indeed it's general meaning.

• Like 1

Just now, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Not to matters that are sub judice. 

But is this matter sub judice - when the tribunal has ruled. There are matters outstanding - what remediation Dr R is due, issues about the government's disclosure of documents but the core issue is settled.  

• Like 1

Cannan , today shows his true colours . Ex Military. I have lots of respect for anyone who serves but clearly he lost his backbone along the way. Limp and spinless and full of bullshit. Yes the issue is lots to do with CS and yes HR is a problem as clearly they are cupable for many appointments. But Skelly's stance in preventing questions is just wrong. Ashford not standing down says it all about him as a person. What promised lots today has ended up as same same ! . Looks like we have another usless ineffective CM ! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4

Just another day in the governance of Corruption Island then - although it has taken the moral standing to a new low IMHO.

Now we see the true machinations of Tynwald and the wheres and whys of its appointments. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Why do you think they put Skelly in the President's position?

Worth every penny of his £70k pa to one or two people in that House today.

Which is precisely why he's there, let's face it, he's been fuck all use for anything else during his entire Tynwald career. And now he doesn't even have to face the electorate. Rewards indeed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I see Ashie in passing a couple of times a week at lunchtime. 

I've always managed to restrain myself, but has anyone got any suggested insults I loudly growl at him now?

Cunt.

Not particularly helpful but a fair reflection of my opinion of him....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Manx Resident said:

With the Chief Financial Officer moving to cover for the departing Chief Secretary who will be advising the Treasury Minister, will his financial acumen (remember the DBC Bubble Gum cleaner) be sufficient for him to run the Treasury without input from professionals.

He is bringing in a crack team of advisers consisting of Jordan Belfort, Nick Leeson and despite being fictional Gordon Gecko

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

He is bringing in a crack team of advisers consisting of Jordan Belfort, Nick Leeson and despite being fictional Gordon Gecko

And Paul Bell and Trevor Baines for local input.