Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

59 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But that wasn’t the idea or intention. It was 3 x 10 hour days on island and available from home the rest of the working week. In case you hadn’t noticed, from March 2020, that became legally impossible.

I meant why wasn't the position full-time and resident? It's nothing to do with COVID, per se. The appointment was made well outside of COVID. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joebean said:

He was supposed to be the new broom after the years of Quayle inactive, ignorant , ego-protecting and clique-dominated office. 

I'm not sure why anyone thought that. Cannan as the treasury minister was a key member of the Quayle administration.

If you want change then you aren't going to get that with someone who's part of the problem.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I meant why wasn't the position full-time and resident? It's nothing to do with COVID, per se. The appointment was made well outside of COVID. 

It was temporary, fixed term, two year, secondment to oversee the transition. Started Jan 2020, I think. And but for covid there’s nothing to say she wouldn’t have done her three long days 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It was temporary, fixed term, two year, secondment to oversee the transition. Started Jan 2020, I think. And but for covid there’s nothing to say she wouldn’t have done her three long days 

Wouldn't she have been regarded as a key worker and thus able to legally travel here? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Indeed, as I posted last night.

So widely reported is this drama it even made Pehal News in India..!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pehalnews.in/isle-of-man-medical-director-faced-disgraceful-bullying-tribunal-finds/1964255/%3famp

• Like 3

Looking at twitter, and Dr Glovers latest revelations about Mr Ashford and his partner it seems to me Mr Cannan needs to get a grip on this soon, because the fire is spreading out of control !

No action will not shut this down this time !!

• Like 1

I wonder  if we MF. are not helping the situation? Any politician in DAs position will be looking for any reason not to resign, any reason to doubt the strength of opposition.

It could be that 'our' outpourings are so imbalanced and as Quilp points out above, he still has support and may claim his decryers are just  mindless keyboard warriors?

There are a few here who do not  seem grasp the situation, they think he should resign because he's a 'Shit'! What has he done wrong? They don't know, he's just a 'Shit' and a politician and ''needs going'' [sic].

I think he's a shit too!!!!🤫

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, asitis said:

Looking at twitter, and Dr Glovers latest revelations about Mr Ashford and his partner it seems to me Mr Cannan needs to get a grip on this soon, because the fire is spreading out of control !

No action will not shut this down this time !!

Yes quite some allegations this morning including an investigating police officer allegedly telling her that Ashfords partner could put a load of flaming dog shit through her letterbox and they still wouldn’t investigate it. Let’s see how long they stay up. But if it is right that the partner of a sitting Minister has harassed and made threats (including alleged death threats) to someone who challenged her partner it’s quite serious really. 

34E13B74-E8EE-423C-AE91-0B6C332840D5.jpeg

57677454-400E-499D-8776-2AB18DDCCFAD.jpeg

Edited by Bandits
Add clips

15 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Yes quite some allegations this morning including an investigating police officer allegedly telling her that Ashfords partner could put a load of flaming dog shit through her letterbox and they still wouldn’t investigate it. Let’s see how long they stay up. But if it is right that the partner of a sitting Minister has harassed and made threats (including alleged death threats) to someone who challenged her partner it’s quite serious really. 

Those were some pretty serious allegations aired over on Twatter

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

But that wasn’t the idea or intention. It was 3 x 10 hour days on island and available from home the rest of the working week. In case you hadn’t noticed, from March 2020, that became legally impossible.

But you find a work around to circumstances like that. For example, you widen the command group to include the Island Medical director.

19 minutes ago, Bandits said:

34E13B74-E8EE-423C-AE91-0B6C332840D5.jpeg

57677454-400E-499D-8776-2AB18DDCCFAD.jpeg

Shades of Wagatha Christie

• Like 1