Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That's some proper 'poor me' shit that letter. 

Great that he blames social media seeing as he's had his little gang of cheerleaders running an operation the whole time. 

Blame yourself for being a lying twat.

Infamy, infamy!

"Further, he has spoken about the impact of social media - noting he has seen 'first hand the horrendous impact toxic and even vitriolic social media comment' have had on his partner and close family', who he claims have now personally been maliciously targeted.

He states 'My partner and family have put up with a lot during my time in politics - and I am not willing to put them through it any further'."

1. Pretty crass considering what Ranson and others have been through as a result of his inaction.

2. He thinks this kind of thing will stop now that he is just an MHK - unless he intends to resign as an MHK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He did the right thing by resigning. 

According to ManxRadio he handed in his resignation on Monday, if you believe that you will defo believe in the little folk.  He has hung on to his job until his fingernail’s bled.  He has been told by the CM go or get pushed, if you go you can come back in time.   If you have to be sacked your history.  As for Ashford as treasury minister, I never liked Eddie Tear, but at least he was capable to a point,  Ashford goes beyond incapable. The CM will be able to make him minister of waste paper baskets in a year or two. If he hadn’t gone he would have brought down the government once Dr Ranson is paid out, that should be a big bill,  £200,000 per annum with a working life expectancy of say 10 years. 

Edited by Manxman2000
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That's some proper 'poor me' shit that letter. 

Great that he blames social media seeing as he's had his little gang of cheerleaders running an operation the whole time. 

Blame yourself for being a lying twat.

Several things are wrong with that letter:

1. it’s too long and written as if it’s some sort of pompous historical document by someone who clearly thinks they’re leaving some sort of mark on Manx politics like they’re some sort of Governors Hill Nelson Mandela. 

2. The blaming of social media for allowing the people, many of whom voted him in, to express that he’s an unscrupulous twat when he’s acted like an unscrupulous twat

3. The whole family aspect he seeks sympathy for. I’m sure Dr Ranson probably has family too who have been traumatized by the shitty end of the stick she’s received in the last two years. But we’re only supposed to feel sorry for Ashfords family and what they’ve had to read on social media about things he did. Especially when it’s likely his own partner is some sort of batshit social media warrior.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Manxman2000 said:

According to ManxRadio he handed in his resignation on Monday, if you believe that you will defo believe in the little folk.

Not sure, post office is on it's arse these days... 

Or there's a good chance the first 4 copies of the letter were accidentally shredded.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

He has, children? 

Not sure they’re specifically his.

I agree with the comment above though in that Ranson has family as well. Many of the people who have been treated like dirt by the DHSC and other departments will also have children. It’s simply Ashford looking for excuses that don’t directly correlate with his own actions. So he has to bring other family into it as any criticism can’t possibly be about him or anything he has done. It’s a piss poor excuse of a letter.

AE73C6FE-EB71-4583-851F-0536E085111A.jpeg

• Like 1