Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

12 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If that happens to be your view, fair enough but you can express it without using toilet humour.

If you are more affronted by a bit of bawdy humour than what has been revealed, then your reason has flown out of the window.

Chris Thomas has summed it up nicely, but diplomatically.  DA does need to reflect, take responsibility and look at the reality of what has gone on and the potentially disastrous implications for healthcare on the island.

He wasn't suddenly thrust into a position of leading healthcare at the start of the pandemic, he had been there for a full two years.  Plenty of time to get to know his department and the personalities within it. 

• Like 7

Can't see Walter being contrite. His overbearing self-regard wouldn't allow it. I'm amazed that he still has so much support on social media and can only surmise that those continuing to sing Walter's praise haven't bothered reading the tribunal's decision. 

• Like 4

It is WELL, WELL worth reading back through the "Spat between Dr Glover and the CM" thread, I've just spent 20 minutes doing so.

It's just about a year since the Letter Production incident and the Point by Point Rebuttal (that we're still waiting for).

People knew there was stuff going on that wasn't right and posted such. There's Ashford's interview with Moulton. There's the queries about why Dr Ranson had disappeared from the scene.

And yes, there's the usual suspect supporting Ashford and his girlfriend to the hilt, denigrating Dr Glover and accusing all and sundry of toxicity and poison. Enough said....

Screenshot_20220523-081022_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, quilp said:

Can't see Walter being contrite. His overbearing self-regard wouldn't allow it. I'm amazed that he still has so much support on social media and can only surmise that those continuing to sing Walter's praise haven't bothered reading the tribunal's decision. 

I agree. You are left with the distinct impression that his covid Blue Peter badge and a largely unearned MBE, again pushed for by his own family predominantly not the public, have gone to his head and he still has some sort of Messiah Complex as a politician that he needs to deal with. All the social media comments in support seem to be made by the same people. Any support doesn’t seem to be widespread at all. The lockdown and pandemic is over Davey, people have moved on, and your head needs to move on too. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It is WELL, WELL worth reading back through the "Spat between Dr Glover and the CM" thread, I've just spent 20 minutes doing so.

It's just about a year since the Letter Production incident and the Point by Point Rebuttal (that we're still waiting for).

People knew there was stuff going on that wasn't right and posted such. There's Ashford's interview with Moulton. There's the queries about why Dr Ranson had disappeared from the scene.

And yes, there's the usual suspect supporting Ashford and his girlfriend to the hilt, denigrating Dr Glover and accusing all and sundry of toxicity and poison. Enough said....

Screenshot_20220523-081022_Chrome.jpg

Whatever happened to Uhtred?  She was always good to give an incisive and humorously scathing view. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve just heard a text from a woman read out on MR in which she hails him as the saviour (along with Quayle and sherry) for saving everyone’s lives during covid, and that’s he’s done NOTHING wrong! 🤢

Sherry?  Does that not say a lot? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

If you are more affronted by a bit of bawdy humour than what has been revealed, then your reason has flown out of the window.

I’m not affronted by a “ bit of bawdy humour” I just don’t see why it is to necessary to refer to David Ashfords buttocks in a posting. Declining standards I guess.

Anyway just like anybody else I have my own views on the Ashford/Ranson business. This is completely unrelated  to my comment on the vulgarity of a posting which just happens to be in this thread. Plenty of other unpleasant references can be found in threads relating to other topics.

My reason remains firmly in the room.🙂

44 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve just heard a text from a woman read out on MR in which she hails him as the saviour (along with Quayle and Hetty) for saving everyone’s lives during covid, and that’s he’s done NOTHING wrong! 🤢

There is a section of IoM society for whom Govt could never do any wrong and there are a number of characteristics.

Largely, it's older generation, perhaps those who have never lived anywhere else for extended time and to whom the Island is their whole world and who simply don't know any different. The ones who take everything Govt says as gospel and bend their knees to elected and public officials. Who tug their forelocks and promise their votes on the doorstep. These are the ones our elected pander too, getting dogshit cleaned up and squeaky gate hinges oiled are miraculous acts to this part of the electorate.

However, they are also possessed of an innate fear of the Govt. The fear that to speak out or badly will see one's job or career threatened or invite a knock at the door on a dark night and never to be seen again. FWIW my own parents were of this ilk.

These people still exist although they are of a dying breed. A more worldly Outlook and the Internet and social media are breeding a more informed generation.

Of course some in Govt much prefer this older generation because they are finding it difficult to cope with the New World. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AOR said:

Chris Thomas said on the radio David Ashford has done some incredible things in his political career. Not sure what he classes as "incredible"?

Producing and then making a letter disappear in a fashion worthy of Paul Daniels...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, AOR said:

Chris Thomas said on the radio David Ashford has done some incredible things in his political career. Not sure what he classes as "incredible"?

Mr Thomas is well-educated and I'm sure he knows the dictionary definition of incredible is "impossible to believe".  Something which many of us feel about a lot of what Ashford says.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve just heard a text from a woman read out on MR in which she hails him as the saviour (along with Quayle and Hetty) for saving everyone’s lives during covid, and that’s he’s done NOTHING wrong! 🤢

These people are the very reason idiots keep getting voted back in...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1