Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

So, looks like Alf is going to cast a protective cloak around his political colleagues and  just seek reform of the upper echelons of the CS. That might be a start but he has to recognise that failures of Ministers and their lack of principle, integrity and quality is what has allowed the senior CS to behave in the way it has. If Alf continues to bottle this and keeps the lines of Ashford in his protected huddle, his credibility will be similarly damaged. It’s an opportunity to lead Alf, for God’s sake take it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, asitis said:

I had hoped this morning would be different and a new era for Manx Politics where the electorate were at the forefront ..... I was wrong. Business as usual !

All Cannan has proved that they are more corrupt than the civil servants. All read the riot act at the start, questions not answered, challenges rebuffed. You get the feeling that we are worse than the very worst of the African Republics. This is actually a complete insult to democracy. They are frightened of the ramifications of this. They won’t sacrifice Ashy as it sets a precedent for the rest of them.

Edited by Bandits
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, asitis said:

I had hoped this morning would be different and a new era for Manx Politics where the electorate were at the forefront ..... I was wrong. Business as usual !

Well, yes…but is anyone - ANYONE - actually surprised?

• Like 1