Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

14 minutes ago, AOR said:

"Ms Faragher asks a question about the freedom of the press, asking why senior civil servants leant on at least one media outlet to silence the story but President Laurence Skelly says he won't allow the question."

Skelly, as a member of the previous COMIN, has ridden to his former colleagues aid by putting the widest possible interpretation on sub judice 

(Grammitical aside - should I have "written colleagues' aid" in the above. I feel I should it should, but the aid belongs to Skelly not Cannon and Ashdown)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

"Ms Faragher asks a question about the freedom of the press, asking why senior civil servants leant on at least one media outlet to silence the story but President Laurence Skelly says he won't allow the question."

What we have just listened to is an exchange documenting the worst day for IOM democracy in the last 40 years. Skelly sitting there on £80K a year like a bargain-bucket Bercow basically stopping MHKs fulfilling their jobs and being accountable to the electorate who voted them in. It was like listening to the Russian Duma. As for Ashford he has no credibility left. His psyche and personality is clearly now so monstrous that he thinks he can just stick two fingers up at everyone. Unsurprisingly he’s one of the few goat-shaggers in Keys. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

Because it's something one gives like a present?

If you like. But more like a service really. He might have billed them for it for all you know. *

*Eta, this is a joke. I'm not suggesting he actually did that. 

Edited by ManxTaxPayer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unquestionably the lowest and darkest day in Manx politics in recent times.

A proven incapable fantasist not being held to account by a spineless CM and The President silencing those that rightfully question this.

Whilst the sycophants sit back with their heads down dreaming of their next Social Media diatribe of horse shit.

It’s a Banana Republic

INSERT BENT AS FUCK EMOJI

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

As a voter I’m angry. Christian is my MHK. I spoke to her and I know others have too regarding to issue of Ashford. To throw her question out is basically insulting. What form of democracy do we have when your MHK is stopped from asking a question put to the CM on behalf of her constituents? Same with Faragher. Even the few who had the guts to ask questions got silenced. I’d agree with the comment further up this thread. They’re actually frightened. Once you start lifting the lid on the sewer all sorts of **** is going to float out. 

Edited by Newsdesk
….
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

A proven incapable fantasist not being held to account by a spineless CM and The President silencing those that rightfully question this.

Whatever happened to the principle of Parliamentary Privilege, or does that not apply. (Genuine question)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

As a voter I’m angry. Christian is my MHK. I spoke to her and I know others have too regarding to issue of Ashford. To throw her question out is basically insulting. What form of democracy do we have when your MHK is stopped from asking a question put to the CM on behalf of her constituents? Same with Faragher. Even the few who had the guts to ask questions got silenced. I’d agree with the comment further up this thread. They’re actually frightened. Once you start lifting the lid on the sewer all sorts of **** is going to float out. 

Why do you think they put Skelly in the President's position?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1