Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Imagine being a billionaire who invests millions on an Island where the treasury minister gets sacked? Would you keep your money here or move it? 

I would imagine most billionaires wouldn’t give a toss to be honest. But it’s just another excuse used to keep someone who is totally out of his depth in a Ministerial position. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Juan Watterson also made a suggestion that he was a megalomanic in his question today. So it transpires we may be dealing with a megalomaniac Walter Mitty. What could possibly go wrong? 

Was he not referring to Magson? I don't think he's refer to a lodge brother as a megalomaniac!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I would love to see Mr Ashfords yearly performance review

It would probably be like his school reports. 

“David turned up at school today with his trousers on the right way round and his shoes on the right feet. He informed his teacher that not only did he pass his driving test in the summer holidays but he’s also been accepted by NASA to be an astronaut. For a twelve year old he’s real credit to you Mrs Ashford.”

Edited by Wavey Davey
Text
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

“David turned up at school today with his trousers on the right way round and his shoes on the right feet. He informed his teacher that not only did he pass his driving test in the summer holidays but he’s also been accepted by NASA to be an astronaut. For a twelve year old he’s real credit to you Mrs Ashford.”

I couldn't believe it when he made his mum the mayoress a few years ago.

What the?

41 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Have you been watching  Billy Liar and plagarizing the plot.

I listened to Mr Canaan’s statement and the responses to it today and read the statement online and I’m sad to say that it just sounded like a lot of ‘blah blah’ to me.  I think any measures implemented will just be pretty toothless, more window dressing. And I don’t think it’s fair to demonise the whole CS, there should be specific action taken against the individuals involved  in this particular unfair dismissal case (and any others that are found against the IOM government)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itsmeee said:

I listened to Mr Canaan’s statement and the responses to it today and read the statement online and I’m sad to say that it just sounded like a lot of ‘blah blah’ to me.  I think any measures implemented will just be pretty toothless, more window dressing. And I don’t think it’s fair to demonise the whole CS, there should be specific action taken against the individuals involved  in this particular unfair dismissal case (and any others that are found against the IOM government)

There is an appalling culture of bullying lying covering up and huge sums of money being paid out by the executive to hide what’s going on from the public.

if it were just a couple of bad apples then fine but this is a disgusting culture we have representing us.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I disagree. This story has already spread to the U.K. and Europe.

If we’re in the investment business then we need to be scrupulous.

So you think we should be scrupulous by keeping a manifestly unscrupulous Minister on board to provide confidence? Unusual logic. 

• Like 1

So much vitriol and hatred on here.

There was an employment dispute. The complainant won her case for unfair dismissal and from what I have read about the case, (although not privy to everything that has gone on) this would seem to be the right verdict. And Dr Ranson will be awarded whatever is decided which is appropriate.

Employment disputes happen all the time and due process has gone through.

Office politics happen all the time as well ( see Johnson v Cummings which I would suggest has more import than our local difficulty) and there are plenty in the private sector who have gone through the same and been vindicated. It’s why we have these safeguards.

DA says he was not involved in the decision to dismiss Dr Ranson and nothing I have read on here or anywhere else convinces me he was.

Abusing him on here, and the abuse has been pretty severe (“ Vote that he’s a wanker” just for one example )goes beyond what I would deem as acceptable criticism.

Sometimes MF is not a nice place to be. I certainly would not encourage any friends, colleagues of family to join. Not least when it is at its most febrile as it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2