Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

It's reasonable to be harshly critical in public of people who put themselves forward for public office. You can criticise me for the things I say and do, because after all, I've been called worse things by better people.

However, it is entirely unreasonable to make various allegations of criminality against private citizens in a public forum like this (or elsewhere on social media). If anyone has any evidence or allegations of such criminality, those allegations should be put forward to the relevant law enforcement agency for investigation.

18 minutes ago, Josem said:

It's reasonable to be harshly critical in public of people who put themselves forward for public office. You can criticise me for the things I say and do, because after all, I've been called worse things by better people.

However, it is entirely unreasonable to make various allegations of criminality against private citizens in a public forum like this (or elsewhere on social media). If anyone has any evidence or allegations of such criminality, those allegations should be put forward to the relevant law enforcement agency for investigation.

So you think it's all honest and above board... Thank fuck you didn't get voted in

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Josem said:

However, it is entirely unreasonable to make various allegations of criminality against private citizens in a public forum like this (or elsewhere on social media).

This looks a little like victim blaming to me.

The alleged victim of the harassment says she has the evidence. There's are lots of behaviours that are wrong but aren't criminal should people keep schtum about them? If it's true, what recourse does Dr Glover have if the police refuse to act, put up with harassment?

• Like 2

Michael, if your seconders were legally entitled to be so, you and they are in the clear?

You're reading too much into this? It has nothing to do with Ashford for any ones  info, more to do with whether your seconder could be said to have reasonably moved beyond your constituency at the time of the election period no matter the last published electoral roll.

There is nothing to say that she had. You are all in the clear.

Calm down Dear.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Declan said:

This looks a little like victim blaming to me.

A de-railed thread now with added Josem!!! 

Dr Glover still has those Tweets in her feed so the assumption is that she stands by the claims and has reported them to the police as she says. Having a go at people on this forum for discussing allegations published openly by a named person on another social platform seems to make little sense. If they’re wrong the police, who already seem to be involved, will presumably deal with it.

They really do seem to be an accomplished acting family between the pair of them. 

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

So you think it's all honest and above board... Thank fuck you didn't get voted in

Oh, I don't know. He'd have fitted in well with the debate last Tuesday. No questions needed and Sub-judice and all that....