Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

Ashford will not resign , Cannan will not censure him. Greenhow was not sacked but just took the money and ran ( and why not ). No one will be brought to account and things will just continue as is. That is how it goes and it’s the same in the UK. I’d tell any kid now , want an easy life go work in government. Short hours , cock up no one cares , nice pension no matter what , eat hobnobs and walk the dog. 

7 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Why do you just take Dr glovers word as gospel?

To be fair she’s published the claims on Twitter. If they’re wrong then the police are going to be involved as she must have some confidence that what she’s said is right. 

7 hours ago, Anyone said:

Ashford will not resign , Cannan will not censure him. Greenhow was not sacked but just took the money and ran ( and why not ). No one will be brought to account and things will just continue as is. That is how it goes and it’s the same in the UK. I’d tell any kid now , want an easy life go work in government. Short hours , cock up no one cares , nice pension no matter what , eat chocolate hobnobs and walk the dog. 

fixed

14 minutes ago, Bandits said:

To be fair she’s published the claims on Twitter. If they’re wrong then the police are going to be involved as she must have some confidence that what she’s said is right. 

she seems to have been right all along .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, snowman said:

If the island had a party political system, - rather than a bunch of psuedo independents - the party in power would make the decision about whether a ministerial role continued

That's not how it works in UK.  In UK the Prime Minister appoints and sacks ministers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Because I can’t believe that someone in her position would lie about something like that. It would be personal and professional suicide to do so.

What about her ‘hacked’ Twitter account? Whatever way you looked at it that was an utter shit show and cast a shadow of doubt on everything for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Passing Time said:

So you think it's all honest and above board... Thank fuck you didn't get voted in

I disagreed deeply with Ashford's policy decisions at the time, and it is nice for all the Harry Hindsights on the internet to belatedly come around to my way of thinking. When - in February 2020 - I was saying that travellers returning to the Isle of Man should be isolating on return, the IOM Government did not. When - in March 2020 - I was saying the risk of the pandemic was big and serious, people laughed at me while the IOM Government said the risk to the IOM was "moderate to low".

It is now apparent that while the IOM Government disagreed with me publicly at the time and played down the risk of the pandemic, behind the scenes, medical experts like Dr Ranson were echoing my concerns. Unfortunately, their concerns were silenced by the bureaucratic BS artists. I just wish that these fake experts had not been in positions of bureaucratic power, as we can only wonder how many more people would be alive today if they had taken heed of our concerns in January and February and March 2020.

That substantive issue, where I disagreed deeply with Ashford at the time, is entirely separate from the decent way to handle that disagreement today. Some people - on this forum and elsewhere - have made various allegations of criminality. Such allegations of criminal behaviour are serious. They're serious to people who are victims of crime. They're serious to people who are wrongly accused of crime. That's why our civilisation has created a variety of institutions to properly investigate such allegations. Those institutions are called "the police" and "the court system". Those institutions do not include social media websites. Making such allegations in this public forum are morally wrong and practically wrong.

15 minutes ago, Josem said:

That's why our civilisation has created a variety of institutions to properly investigate such allegations. Those institutions are called "the police" and "the court system". Those institutions do not include social media websites. Making such allegations in this public forum are morally wrong and practically wrong.

Erm...you trust the police and the court system here.

You're not from around these parts, are you boy.

Edited by AOR

38 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

What about her ‘hacked’ Twitter account? Whatever way you looked at it that was an utter shit show and cast a shadow of doubt on everything for me.

When you consider the forces that are at work in this matter, then I invite you to think again.

All internet goes through a central point (at MT). MT is now 100% privately owned and even more so than when it wasn't, is accessible to the right people.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I heard this down the pub last night and not for one minute am I suggesting anything sinister, and I love our Government and the CS and all the other people on the Isle of Man. They do a jolly good job.) 

3 minutes ago, AOR said:

When you consider the forces that are at work in this matter, then I invite you to think again.

All internet goes through a central point (at MT). MT is now 100% privately owned and even more so than when it wasn't, is accessible to the right people.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I heard this down the pub last night and not for one minute am I suggesting anything sinister, and I love our Government and the CS and all the other people on the Isle of Man. They do a jolly good job.) 

Nah the hacked Twitter thing was rubbish. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Josem said:

I disagreed deeply with Ashford's policy decisions at the time, and it is nice for all the Harry Hindsights on the internet to belatedly come around to my way of thinking. When - in February 2020 - I was saying that travellers returning to the Isle of Man should be isolating on return, the IOM Government did not. When - in March 2020 - I was saying the risk of the pandemic was big and serious, people laughed at me while the IOM Government said the risk to the IOM was "moderate to low".

It is now apparent that while the IOM Government disagreed with me publicly at the time and played down the risk of the pandemic, behind the scenes, medical experts like Dr Ranson were echoing my concerns. Unfortunately, their concerns were silenced by the bureaucratic BS artists. I just wish that these fake experts had not been in positions of bureaucratic power, as we can only wonder how many more people would be alive today if they had taken heed of our concerns in January and February and March 2020.

That substantive issue, where I disagreed deeply with Ashford at the time, is entirely separate from the decent way to handle that disagreement today. Some people - on this forum and elsewhere - have made various allegations of criminality. Such allegations of criminal behaviour are serious. They're serious to people who are victims of crime. They're serious to people who are wrongly accused of crime. That's why our civilisation has created a variety of institutions to properly investigate such allegations. Those institutions are called "the police" and "the court system". Those institutions do not include social media websites. Making such allegations in this public forum are morally wrong and practically wrong.

These accusations are not being made on here, they're being reported from Twitter, where Dr Glover has outlined them.

Given that, I don't think there's anything wrong with it being discussed. Why would it be? As long as we're on the right side of the law (which I'm sure our moderators will make sure we are).

• Like 2