Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

3 hours ago, cissolt said:

Lrk I have tabbed you and can see you are a government stooge.  My guess is Boxer?

Certainly not a "new" poster anyway. @Dilligaf hasn't been on these boards for months.

Screenshot_20220520-111507_Chrome.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

I think it depends on the context.

I've heard the Director of Nursing of a NHS mental health trust describe somebody as "completely mental".

(I don't think Bandits was using it derogatorily in the post you quote.  I think he was trying to illustrate the questionable behaviour of senior DHSC management)

I don't think he meant it derogatorily either and I'm aware of the common use of terms that we should, at least, think twice about, some by people in high positions. As this thread proves, a high position doesn't necessarily reflect intelligence.

Honestly think the debate on here just warrants crediting people (well some) with a reasonable level of intelligence and hence we can avoid such terms.

53 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Do we really have to use terms like 'mental'? 

I know what you're saying, but in this case I think we do.  One of the characteristics with the sort of management practiced by Magson and enabled by the likes of Ashford, Conie and Malone is that managers think they are entitled to get away with appalling behaviour providing they do so while using the currently-correct language.  Saying what they really mean exposes their intentions.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I know what you're saying, but in this case I think we do.  One of the characteristics with the sort of management practiced by Magson and enabled by the likes of Ashford, Conie and Malone is that managers think they are entitled to get away with appalling behaviour providing they do so while using the currently-correct language.  Saying what they really mean exposes their intentions.

I agree.  In the context that I presume @Bandits was using the word, I think it's acceptable and understandable.

The danger in questioning it's use is that doing so tends to divert attention away from the substantive behaviour under scrutiny and focuses it instead on the person who uses the word "mental" without - I hope - intending to cause offence or attach any stigma to those who suffer from mental illness.

(Not that I'm suggesting @jackwhite is trying to divert attention away from anyone.  I presume they're just uncomfortable with the wordl "mental" apparently being used as a label).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bandits said:

It’s literally what Ashford said. How do you explain it in any other way?

Used in that context then, I understand why it was used and didn't appreciate that. Could we perhaps preface it though to identify this? Not having a go and never did think you were using the term in a derogatory sense, just that I didn't understand it. Apologies if you thought or it came across to anyone else any different.

30 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As indicated above, I picked it up wrong, sorry.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Alf, Just sack the oxygen thief and move on

It’s going to come down to that and how impaired the judgement of the Chief Minister actually is and what terrible advice he may be receiving. This isn’t going to blow over. Just kick him out of Comin and move on. It could all be sorted by Tuesday and then Cannan can move on pretending that he’s going to rein the civil service in and get it to SAVE money. 

Edited by Newsdesk
Typo