Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

Just now, Two-lane said:

On Friday 20 May:

"His offer of resignation was handed to the chief minister on Monday, and has been accepted this morning"

How should one interpret this?

I was thinking the same.  I have always been under the impression that if someone resigns, that's it.  It doesn't need to be accepted, ie someone cannot be forced to continue in a role they no longer want to/cannot perform.  It may be different for Ministers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

On Friday 20 May:

"His offer of resignation was handed to the chief minister on Monday, and has been accepted this morning"

How should one interpret this?

It means Alf and comin have been sat in a room since Monday going “fuck, fuck, fuck! Who’s left with an IQ over 27?”

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I was thinking the same.  I have always been under the impression that if someone resigns, that's it.  It doesn't need to be accepted, ie someone cannot be forced to continue in a role they no longer want to/cannot perform.  It may be different for Ministers. 

Bell refused to take Watterson's resignation for the Spewin' Juan incident.

5 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

resigned from what? his ministerial posting or tynwald please

He's gone back to the benches (for a week or so). Then it'll be a waste of his experience not to have him in a Department. 

So he's in effect in a very weak sin bin

From the Government website - presumably timed for release at 13:00 (I do wish they'd put a time on these  things, typically amateurish):

Treasury Minister steps down with immediate effect

Today

David Ashford MBE, MHK, has stepped down from his role as Treasury Minister with immediate effect.

Chief Minister Alfred Cannan MHK said:

‘It is with regret that I have accepted Mr Ashford’s resignation as Treasury Minister. I would like to place on record my thanks for the contribution he has made in establishing the new administration and indeed for the contribution he made during the Covid-19 pandemic as Health and Social Care Minister.

‘David has always played a full and active role in the business of government and I commend his commitment to the roles he has undertaken. I fully respect the decision he has reached and wish him well as he returns to the backbenches.’

Edited by Roger Mexico
Add link
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

He's gone back to the benches (for a week or so). Then it'll be a waste of his experience not to have him in a Department. 

Is there a new Department of the Undead?