Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Bell refused to take Watterson's resignation for the Spewin' Juan incident.

Was he able to refuse?  

Sometimes you wonder if a resignation and then refusal to accept it is a way of actually preserving the individual's integrity.  Something of a window dressing exercise: "look, he is a man of integrity, he recognises he has brought the government into disrepute and offered his resignation, but I know him better and the value he brings so refused to accept it. "

• Like 1

He only 'offered' to resign on Monday. Very strange that Cannan took till now to accept!

Was he doing something at the Treasury that needed his unique qualities to finish? Did Cannan not want him to go but had to accept in the end due to public outcry?

Or did he need a week to shred all the documents?

• Haha 3

Pathetic really by Cannan, he should have immediately sacked him not wait for him to resign. Weak government all round. 
this does not let Cannan and others off the hook. 
Ewart should be next. And she should be sacked too not wait for a golden handshake. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I can only presume they hoped the Ranson row would quietly go away, but it obviously hasn't as the Guardian article showed.

Incidentally that article looks to me like a self-inflicted wound.  It looks like it was triggered by Cannan's response on Tuesday, perhaps being promoted by the PR people as 'drawing a line' under things.  But because it was so delayed, it meant that the Guardian could pick up on all the other coverage and focus on that.

13 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

It means Alf and comin have been sat in a room since Monday going “fuck, fuck, fuck! Who’s left with an IQ over 27?”

Not very many really and Chris Thomas has ruled himself out with his dogged attempts to dislodge (great word that) Ashford from Treasury. Who will get it? Allinson? Hooper? I’d probably be looking at Lloyd-Brennan for a variety of reasons too. 

Just now, Manx Bean said:

The honourable thing would be to quit as MHK and hand his gong back.

Quite.  It doesn't sound like a resignation in the honourable sense, he's been pushed.

Starting every sentence with I would suggest that he wrote the letter himself.

At least he's gone, I will raise a glass to everyone who contributed on social media.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Not very many really and Chris Thomas has ruled himself out with his dogged attempts to dislodge (great word that) Ashford from Treasury. Who will get it? Allinson? Hooper? I’d probably be looking at Lloyd-Brennan for a variety of reasons too. 

As will Alf 🤣

• Haha 3