Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

“You” may have got your way in that mob rule prevailed. The majority would rather Mr Ashford had continued in the role.

It was all his own doing, he was favoured only because he got involved in things he shouldn’t have done as health minister, i’m sure in his eyes he was simply going above and beyond, at one point it seemed any Covid query or Hospital query was typically responded with ‘email David Ashford, he helped me with X’ . Hooper had to remind everyone of what the job role should actually entail and that whilst Ashford might have taken on every little complaint, he would not be doing the same and that the proper channels should be always be followed in the first instance.

17 hours ago, Kopek said:

Gladys, I'm not sure that an organised Party would be rid of the cliches you refer to.

If they played their cards rightly, they would indeed target Grannies and present a different manifesto to Somerset Road than to Willlaston ?

That's the way I would tackle it? You?

If they were to attain a majority  or near so, would they then behave in the same way as the current Comin?

Yes, they would behave the same, not much from Labour or Lib Van on the issue, Labour make statements that make out the behaviours are in the past, Lib Van just plays dumb.

Both parties have members on DHSC.  
There isn’t a rug to sweep this behaviour under, Gov seem to have a trap door to a concrete bunker to sweep it into. 

18 hours ago, Kopek said:

Gladys, I'm not sure that an organised Party would be rid of the cliches you refer to.

If they played their cards rightly, they would indeed target Grannies and present a different manifesto to Somerset Road than to Willlaston ?

That's the way I would tackle it? You?

If they were to attain a majority  or near so, would they then behave in the same way as the current Comin?

How could a party present a different manifesto depending on the area they are canvassing?  That is the point, there would be a party manifesto. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

He should have been sacked as soon as the judgement was made and says it all about Cannan that he wasn't. In fact I would have gone futher and told him he was done as a MHK too. 

Not sure that second bit would have been within your power. It would be a bit undemocratic. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Not sure that second bit would have been within your power. It would be a bit undemocratic. 

They couldn’t even sack Houghton. The worse they can do, like him, is ban them from entering the Court of Tynwald but the public put them there they can’t be sacked I certainly think his MBE should be looked at though on the basis that it’s been proven he actually did very little. 

What a load of nasty bullies….complaining on one hand of bullying by civil servants and doing the very same thing on this forum.   David Ashford was democratically elected as I am sure he will be again and I am sure he will continue to act in good faith in his constituents interests.   The people I have spoken to still think highly of him and he has more support than you imagine.    This shuffling around is not good, not Alf’s fault who is going to have the enthusiasm to front up the task ahead of attracting visitors to the Island he obviously has not got anyone in mind.   Allinson had enthusiasm and energy for the job I cannot see anyone else stepping into the role.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Well, we would expect you to support DA what with him being man and all.  

If expressions of genuine concern about an elected person's role in some very sordid and distasteful actions against a key member of our health service amounts to bullying, then we are guilty.  

I do hope you are not in an elected position. 

ETA he retains his elected position as a MHK.

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, we would expect you to support DA what with him being man and all.  

If expressions of genuine concern about an elected person's role in some very sordid and distasteful actions against a key member of our health service amounts to bullying, then we are guilty.  

I do hope you are not in an elected position. 

ETA he retains his elected position as a MHK.

which is a pity...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

What a load of nasty bullies….complaining on one hand of bullying by civil servants and doing the very same thing on this forum.   David Ashford was democratically elected as I am sure he will be again and I am sure he will continue to act in good faith in his constituents interests.   The people I have spoken to still think highly of him and he has more support than you imagine.    This shuffling around is not good, not Alf’s fault who is going to have the enthusiasm to front up the task ahead of attracting visitors to the Island he obviously has not got anyone in mind.   Allinson had enthusiasm and energy for the job I cannot see anyone else stepping into the role.

The bullying received by Dr Glover by Ashfords, very immature, girlfriend is also nasty bullying.  

A pub quiz master who was too full of his own self importance that he dismissed the opinions of a very qualified medical director is the true crime here. 

The families of Abbotswood victims will never know for sure if Dr Ranson was right, but what we do know is that Ashford was wrong. And people died.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1