Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?

Newsdesk

Ashford: Should he stay or should he go?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is the forums view on this fantasists ability to hang on to a role on Comin?

• He should resign himself
    • He should be told to go regardless
  2. 2. Does anyone think he has the personal integrity to tender a resignation himself without being pushed?

3. 3. Should the UK also be asking questions about his MBE?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2022 at 08:57 AM

15 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Bullying in any shape or form is never acceptable.

As the multitude of employment tribunal cases against IOM government show it might not be acceptable but it is incredibly pervasive and indeed endemic within IOM government. As a Minister Ashford did nothing about it and indeed clearly joined in with the bullying of Ranson and Glover (suggesting Ranson was mental, and the Glover letter incident). When he was found out and resigned he then tried to claim that he and his family was being bullied by trolls. No actual evidence seems to exist of that though. That makes him a right sack of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Am I the only person who feels sorry for David Ashford?

I wouldn't say I am sorry for him but it must be a massive jolt towards reality for him from the high of being elected and then getting to be a minister and the realisation that he has cocked up either from ignorance, lack of ability or lack of awareness about the needs of being a minister and serving the GMP.

I certainly wouldn't like to be in his shoes.

• Like 1

Just now, Manx17 said:

Sadly your right. Nobody cares  and we seem to be only covering governments mistakes over and over again. The island is in a mess.  That guy Charles in his video said an important thing . That hotel owners have painted the buildings ready for tourists and the promenade is a mess. Government are holding people back.

I looked at the love card another waste,  and three places  where you could spend involved the Sefton. Who in the right mind is  going to take money out of their bank account and put it on that card and spent it there. How many times have we paid them already. They think we’re  daft. It has to stop.

Have to say I couldn't see the point of that card. 

• Like 1

Just now, Passing Time said:

They were told that right from the outset but still chose to go ahead with it. Money to waste don'tcha know

Did it give a discount or something?  

TBH I would have to be paid to go to the Sefton other than for a drink before a show at the Villa or Gaiety.  And that would only be because Sam Webb's is a bit of a dump. 

• Like 1

Just now, Manx17 said:

Neither could I. Why would anyone put their hard earned cash on a card where your restricted. For many  people eating out is a luxury and  a treat. It’s like hidden dictatorship. This is what you should be doing. 

Did it give a discount at all?  Otherwise I can't see the point.  Even with a discount there are places that I wouldn't choose to go to anyway and that would include the Sefton as I said above.

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Did it give a discount at all?  Otherwise I can't see the point.  Even with a discount there are places that I wouldn't choose to go to anyway and that would include the Sefton as I said above.

I suspect like a lot of gift cards they were banking on lots never being redeemed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wavey Davey said:

Yes but you’re a user of the card. If hasn’t been created to be of any benefit to card users. It’s been created to be of benefit to the card scheme provider and the DfE. 

Aah, I see.  

Didn't Jersey have a card that was preloaded with £100 to encourage people to go out and use the hospitality sector again? What did we do?  Produce a card that had limited (unpopular)venues, no discount and had to be fully funded by the user?

Master stroke!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Aah, I see.  

Didn't Jersey have a card that was preloaded with £100 to encourage people to go out and use the hospitality sector again? What did we do?  Produce a card that had limited (unpopular)venues, no discount and had to be fully funded by the user?

Master stroke!

Yes Jersey gave everyone a free £100 to spend in local shops

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2020-09-09/100-spend-local-cards-sent-to-households-in-jersey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1